What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick

Staff member
Injury prone and getting towards the end of his career.

Well he ticks all the boxes

Dave_

Juniors
I think this season is a write off and with all the dramas we obviously won't be signing anyone decent so it must surely be time to give a few young guys some experience.

I am not so sure on making kids debut before they are ready is necessarily a good idea anymore. Making them debut when you are under the pump throws them in at the deep end. Too much pressure. I am sure there are plenty of footballers who had their grade careers cut short due to poor management as to when they were ready to make it in first grade. Not everyone is Jaryd Hayne or Brad Fittler teen sensation calibre ie. they take time to settle. Hayne and Fittler were exceptional on their respective debuts.

RHCP

Bench
There's a reason "drop everyone for the youth!" is only bandied about on forums and never done by coaches. The step up from 20s to NRL is massive, especially for forwards and halves. Do it with multiple players at once and you're going to destroy them.

Even guys like Barba, Hunt and Milford took a long time before their coaches were comfortable starting them each week.

Dave_

Juniors
Fair enough fellas but gee we have a few real plodders out there at the moment that are hardly contributing. I think with some of the talent in the 20's combined with the form (or lack thereof) of some in our FG side, we'll see Bennett forced to blood a couple more this year. I certainly understand the risk of throwing young players to the wolves too early though.

I think it's unrealistic to think we'll be signing any quality or high profile players any time soon so I can't really see any other way to inject life into the side. If we do stick with under performing players all season it'll be a wasted year. All I'm saying is, you can't rebuild the house if it's still full of dead wood.

Noname36

First Grade
It's not like we haven't been blooding juniors. We've already blooded 3 in 10 rounds, 4 if you want to count Clydesdale who barely played last season. The ones that were clearly ready we haven't held back. In fact we seem much more interested in debuting promising NYC players over anyone in NSW Cup.

Noname36

First Grade
Leeds have apparently signed Cuthbo. Get f**ked. The exodus begins.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
The boys are racing for the doors and frankly I can't blame them.

This is seriously f**ked.

I actually don't know if we'll be able to field a team next year.

I actually hate this club. Why the f**k wouldn't they deal with the HSG crap earlier in the year when they should have? Why didn't they give us a chance to fix things so we could have a chance to build for next year? So we knew if we had a coach or any players at all?

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
I'm really f**ked off about this one, to be honest. We're going to be back to the Tolar/Kaufusi years by the looks of things. Meanwhile, Jarrod Mullen's entire career has been a total waste of time... and we'll get busy ruining and wasting the talented outside backs we have, too.

f**king shameful. We somehow manage to let go of the 1 prop we've had worth feeding this year... and at a time when it doesn't look in any way possible to replace him with anyone. This at a time when we needed him PLUS 2 or 3 other good forwards.

Put a fork in us, we're done.

Wato

Juniors
We need to focus on retaining that 20's team in particular sione, Mamo, taping, Feeney, Levi and most of that forward pack. They are the future of our club and personally I rate Feeney, I think in a a few years he will surpass Roberts here.

perverse

Referee
Doesn't matter who you play in the halves if you don't have a forward pack. Been there, done that. The problem with junior forwards is that, unless they are a phenom, they take a few years longer to hit grade than the backs. If there's any quality forwards in that NYC team outside of Tapine - we could be waiting years yet to see them.

Even James Taylor, who is as good a prop forward prospect as you'll find and in his last year of NYC, probably won't be ready for regular first grade next year.

Noname36

First Grade
I'm really f**ked off about this one, to be honest. We're going to be back to the Tolar/Kaufusi years by the looks of things. Meanwhile, Jarrod Mullen's entire career has been a total waste of time... and we'll get busy ruining and wasting the talented outside backs we have, too.

f**king shameful. We somehow manage to let go of the 1 prop we've had worth feeding this year... and at a time when it doesn't look in any way possible to replace him with anyone. This at a time when we needed him PLUS 2 or 3 other good forwards.

Put a fork in us, we're done.

I'm incredibly shitty too mate and usually I don't let it bother me too much.

I don't think it's a matter of us letting them go, I think they're literally running from the sinking ship and I can't blame them.

We have no management, probably no coach, absolutely no forwards, and it's only a matter of time before our promising kids are off too.

Seriously, just kill the club and put us out of our misery. We're not coming back from this.

Totally agree with us wasting Mullo's career too. Let the poor bloke out of his contract FFS.

Wato

Juniors
I agree with you about young forwards but I see little other options for us at this point in time. Manly took a punt on young forwards this year and we should next year especially with beau and made to lead the pack plus we already have sims, taping and vai vai ready to go. Personally I would make the call on Bennetts future soon and if it's not here contact the Titans about a player swap for Boyd, see if we can get Bird here. Pie in the sky stuff I know but desperate times call for desperate measures.

K-Man

Bench
Wow this really does tip me over the edge. Cuthbo was absolutely priority one re-signing. He was the one forward we needed to absolutely not let go no matter what.

So that's now Packer, McKinnon, Tetevano, Cuthbertson GONE.

And Smith, Mason, Houston, Fa'aologo who might as well be gone because they're not going to offer anything even if we do keep them.

8 first grade forwards replaced by James Taylor.

It's reached the point now where you kinda laugh, like you've stressed all week and all night about getting that group presentation finished but you only really started it at the last minute, and now you look at each other through bloodshot eyes at 5am, having not slept, delirious on caffeine and sugar, and just laugh hysterically at how incredibly F***ED you actually are. Then you turn up to class with a few pieces of paper and no real plan. As ridiculous as your situation is, you still have to get up in front of everybody and try to do something.

That's going to be us next year. We'll be in the comp, but it will be like watching a reality TV train wreck when we run out with a pack of no-names.

We are a few injuries/suspensions/Origins away from this:

Sims
Gidley
Vaivai
Tapine
Leilua
Houston

Clydesdale
Fillipo
Fitzgibbon
Taylor

SOS Cameron Ciraldo.