What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
honestly who will sign with us ? We have no idea if the coach will be here next year if Tinkler goes as I don't think the board will pay Bennet 1m for final year on current form

To be honest I have a feeling Bennett will stay for less money so that won't be the issue but nobody in their right mind would sign with us. Who the f**k wants to go to a club where you potentially won't get paid and the club f**ks around with your super?

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
zero players will want to sign with us now. This whole uncertainty has and will continue to damage the Knights brand. it will take years to recover.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't think it will take years. Confidence will return once tinkler and hsg f**k off

Tbh I think it could take years for them to f**k off. From all reports we've given Tinkler and Palmer until Friday to sign the cheque for the members to buy it back and if they don't the club and the NRL is taking them to court. I can't see Tinkler or HSG agreeing to let it go willingly given the debt they'd have to pay back and if it ends up in the courts it could take absolutely ages to resolve.

Nuffy

Bench
Tbh I think it could take years for them to f**k off. From all reports we've given Tinkler and Palmer until Friday to sign the cheque for the members to buy it back and if they don't the club and the NRL is taking them to court. I can't see Tinkler or HSG agreeing to let it go willingly given the debt they'd have to pay back and if it ends up in the courts it could take absolutely ages to resolve.

There's another mistake, why until Friday? Why not Monday lunchtime.

I also said it was a big mistake to move to a joint signatory account, it allows either party to be a spoiler if they want.

Seriously, if Tinks want court then let's go, ask for a legal fees bond to be paid by HSG to prove that they can fund the action and any settlement. I'll bet they can't.

Any delays help HSG only. Move decisively and cut all ties.

Noname36

First Grade
There's another mistake, why until Friday? Why not Monday lunchtime.

I also said it was a big mistake to move to a joint signatory account, it allows either party to be a spoiler if they want.

Seriously, if Tinks want court then let's go, ask for a legal fees bond to be paid by HSG to prove that they can fund the action and any settlement. I'll bet they can't.

Any delays help HSG only. Move decisively and cut all ties.

In reality it should have been when they failed to meet the deadline back in March.

And yep, the longer we wait the better it is for HSG and the worse it is for the club.

It is too exhausting thinking about how we ended up here. I wish the members board all the luck in the world cos I seriously doubt their clout.they are taking on a man of Olympic Class arrogance in Tinkler. He will see this as a game. He also refuses outright to accept any responsibility for his errors in business.

Last edited:

Nuffy

Bench
I get why everyone signed up for the Tinker dream, hey I drank the Koolaid.

But the minute he missed the guarantee deadline, we should have only been working in one direction, to reclaim the club as quickly as possible.

Delaying tough decisions doesn't mean you don't have to make them, things are just usually worse for the delay.

Unfortunately, I think a number of people who I think the fans thought were custodians of our interests have been been too keen to keep HSG involved for reasons that might not been in the best interests of the members and the club in general.

Nuffy

Bench
It is too exhausting thinking about how we ended up here. I wish the members board all the luck in the world cos I seriously doubt their clout.they are taking on a man of Olympic Class arrogance in Tinkler. He will see this as a game. He also refuses outright to accept any responsibility for his errors in business.

But I don't recall him having an appetite for judicial judgements, he usually folds before he gets caned.

The NRL should fund it and he would fold.

The argument will only be along the lines of HSG having a massive debt which has been used to met commitments within the Knights agreement.

They will want the NRL club to assume those debts, or if they have been right p*icks, the monies will be within the books as loans from HSG which no one would have given a shit about because of the ownership structure at the time. Now it's a drama.

Its time for the end to vested interests in our club.

Wato

Juniors
Where is our fearless member for Newcastle the "Honourable" Tim Owens. For all Mckays faults she tackled Tinkler over the Knights issue and stood up for the club yet we have a man who claims to be angry at Tinkler standing by failing to defend the town. I think we need to put together a group of fans un afflicted with the club to run a campaign to oust HSG.

Nuffy

Bench
Back on Hannant, I think there is zero chance of us seeing him this year and a long shot for 2015 and beyond.

Broncos won't release him during origin period when they might be short of troops and origin ends on the 9th of July, after the June 30 deadline.

Frederick

Staff member
Where is our fearless member for Newcastle the "Honourable" Tim Owens. For all Mckays faults she tackled Tinkler over the Knights issue and stood up for the club yet we have a man who claims to be angry at Tinkler standing by failing to defend the town. I think we need to put together a group of fans un afflicted with the club to run a campaign to oust HSG.

Tim Owen has already been brought undone by ICAC, announcing last week that he won't re-contest the seat of Newcastle. Thought for sure he would stand down (or be stood down) immediately

Wato

Juniors
Tim Owen has already been brought undone by ICAC, announcing last week that he won't re-contest the seat of Newcastle. Thought for sure he would stand down (or be stood down) immediately

Yes but he remains the member for Newcastle in the meantime and this is a major issue for the region and he remains silent, personally I agree with you that he should go now but I am also of the opinion the entire government should go considering six members have now been forced to stand down, if that's not grounds for dismissal then I don't know what is.

Back on Hannant isn't he wanting to come here to play under Bennett and now with Bennetts future uncertain so would be any future move to the Knights.

macavity

Referee

Yeah that's not what happened.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I get why everyone signed up for the Tinker dream, hey I drank the Koolaid.

But the minute he missed the guarantee deadline, we should have only been working in one direction, to reclaim the club as quickly as possible.

Delaying tough decisions doesn't mean you don't have to make them, things are just usually worse for the delay.

Unfortunately, I think a number of people who I think the fans thought were custodians of our interests have been been too keen to keep HSG involved for reasons that might not been in the best interests of the members and the club in general.

Count me in. I was stoked that finally my club would realize its potential and not get poached and bullied by the bigger clubs. The dreams had me grinning from ear to ear.

perverse

Referee
We all drank the koolaid once the bank guarantee was on the table, and with good reason. Just because it's worked out poorly, and it was always a possibility, doesn't mean it wasn't the right thing to do as far as we could see at the time. I was more informed than most, and I was on board 100%.

You can't blame anyone for wanting something better for the club. Even if we do end up in the toilet... we were there already - at least we got to dream for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.