What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frederick

Staff member
My money is on sims being released, and his money being used to sign Houston up for five more years

Frederick

Staff member
Da fuq? Feleti Mateo has a cousin also named feleti mateo. And of the two, we signed the one no-one has heard of?

We just keep finding new ways to suck

Frederick

Staff member
We already have a shitload of talented juniors. How is signing a fifteen year old going to help us in the immediate future?

At least the real feleti Mateo would have given us an x-factor that we are sorely missing

Johns Magic

Referee
We have a shitload of talented juniors that our hopes are pinned on because of signings like this. Are you saying we should stop signing kids?

If this kid didn't have the same name as an NRL player you would not be so worked up.

Also I wouldn't go near the real Feleti Mateo at the moment, bog average.

Frederick

Staff member
We have a shitload of talented juniors that our hopes are pinned on because of signings like this. Are you saying we should stop signing kids?

If this kid didn't have the same name as an NRL player you would not be so worked up.

Also I wouldn't go near the real Feleti Mateo at the moment, bog average.

Not saying we should stop signing kids, just getting frustrated that no signings have been made to fix the issues with the current team

Johns Magic

Referee
We are all frustrated by that but can see reasons why it's not happening too.

The point is signing a good junior is a positive whatever way you want to look at it.

Nuffy

Bench
Mapsports ‏@mapsports
Exciting opportunity for @mapsports #nextgen Feleti Mateo as he signs on with the @NRLKnights until the end of 2017.

Mapsports ‏@mapsports 2h
@jeffreyhoffmann not Feleti Mateo from Warriors. This is his young cousin from Orange, NSW.

https://twitter.com/mapsports/status/471964637550747649

It does seem to say next gen Feleti Mateo.

A 15 yr isn't much good to us for the next 5 plus years, assuming that he actually develops and can play NRL and most good juniors don't.

I'm with Fred, where is the solution to next years problem!

Choc Watmough allegedly very disillusioned at Manly. Sadly for us he doesn't play front row cos a machine like him is what we need. I still hold out hope we will get Hannant.

Noname36

First Grade
Who gives a shit if we sign a 15 year old? It's not like he's going to take up any cap space in the top 25. Signing him doesn't mean we won't be trying to sign anyone else. Jeez.

Swarzey

Bench
According to "The Lurker" we're set to be knocked back by Tariq Sims who's set to join Penrith.

The Panthers keep losing players but are close to a massive coup by signing Cowboys back-rower Tariq Sims.

The big forward wants to return to Sydney on compassionate grounds – his partner has a baby and wants more family support - and the Panthers are leading the race for his signature.

The Knights are also keen but the distance away from Sydney makes Penrith Sims’ desired option.

So sick of missing out on players for Sydney clubs. We are really not that f**king far from Sydney, yet it's like we're closer to Coffs.

I live on the central coast and 45% of workers work in Syndey. That is minimum 90 mins with traffic flow each way five days a week. That is what makes me laugh at these players who whinge about Newie being too far away. It is pathetic. Gould is starting to irritate me. His opportunism is disgusting. Channel 9 just suck up every word this arrogant know it all spits out. How many players has Gould signed in the last 12 months that are rising stars at other clubs by getting rid of current players that were signed on back ended deals? They have the best junior nursery in the world!

Grant is gone cos he cost too much. McKendry gets a stay of execution despite us needing him far more than Penrith did due to long term player allowance . Yet he takes our juniors at will. Why do they need both Segeyaro and that young hooker from Souths? Greed. Gould is a narcissist. He thinks his shit does not stink. This man will babble on about how much newcastle is needed in the game but does sweet f all to support us, will refuse to release players for the good of the game cos it affects his club, and then takes players from other clubs for his own ego. That folks is the NRL. A TV game designed to keep the poor down and let the rich flourish. Capitalism with a football.

Last edited:

Rod

Bench
Jeez the Panthers can sign a player since Gus took over can't they. Personally I don't hold it against Gus, his job is to do the best by his club. Agreed about players pulling the family card all the time though, guess it's a fact of life when there are 9 Sydney clubs or whatever it is and we're one of the ones who isn't.

Shame really because Tariq would have been great. We should do a Raiders and up our offer, whatever it is. Hell, pay him overs, we need to do something.

RHCP

Bench
Tariq has been extremely underwhelming the last couple of seasons. No way I'd want to pay overs for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts