What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
....which all make him superstar material in the ESL

George Carmont has won their Man of Steel award. Says it all really

aqua_duck

Coach
No he didn't, he might've been in a team of the year but he's a centre playing in a dominant team, we've seen plenty of average outside backs made to look good in those circumstances whether it he ESL, NRL or NYC

Joker's Wild

Coach
It was Scott Dureau who won the Man of Steel was it not.

Could have been, Im sure Carmont won one at one stage though

Either way, my point still stands. Dead end players in the NRL go to the top over there

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
I don't think Carmont was ever Man of Steel, he was selected in their dream team, though. Was a potent force over there for sure.

Scotty D won the Albert Goldthorpe medal, which is the ESL's semi-new equivalent to the Dally M medal.

Gidley could still be a very good player in that competition... it is pants compared to the NRL.

aqua_duck

Coach
Gids would be decent but he wouldn't be the best, I don't think he'd even be the best in NSW cup

Noname36

First Grade
Have to be realistic, big names want nothing to do with Newcastle and the Knights

If we get rid of Boyd we should have buckets of money to spend.

Start by asking Penrith nicely to give Kev back. Then, looking at forwards off contract or potentially available, if we could get McKendry, Latimore, Tom Symonds and (dreaming) Hannant we'd do OK next year. Maybe give Willie one more season too.

Kev
Uate
Gagai
BJ
McManus
Mullen
Roberts
Snowden (if we can get him fit somehow)
Clydesdale
Hannant
Scott
Tapine
Rochow

Gidley
McKendry
Sims
Symonds

Willie
Smith
Latimore
VaiVai
Taylor

That side isn't getting in a battle for the spoon at least.

You don't like Mamo? Heaps of potential to be a great fullback IMO...more than Kev anyway.

I know Tom Symonds' relatives. They live in Lake Mac so that one might not be too much out of the question. We need props more though.

slotmachine

First Grade
Symonds just seems like a good worker, and Manly will have no money for 2015 seeing as though Watmough will be on $900k. He's better than Houston at least.

Mamo needs a year or two in the gym. And I don't watch enough 20's to know if he will make a good first grade fullback to be honest. He's fast and evasive, but you need a passing game too.

A fit Snowden, Hannant, Sims, McKendry, Willie, Latimore, Vai Vai and Taylor should be enough props to get us through a season. Even if we didn't get Hannant we could get by.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
I live on the central coast and 45% of workers work in Syndey. That is minimum 90 mins with traffic flow each way five days a week. That is what makes me laugh at these players who whinge about Newie being too far away. It is pathetic. Gould is starting to irritate me. His opportunism is disgusting. Channel 9 just suck up every word this arrogant know it all spits out. How many players has Gould signed in the last 12 months that are rising stars at other clubs by getting rid of current players that were signed on back ended deals? They have the best junior nursery in the world!

Grant is gone cos he cost too much. McKendry gets a stay of execution despite us needing him far more than Penrith did due to long term player allowance . Yet he takes our juniors at will. Why do they need both Segeyaro and that young hooker from Souths? Greed. Gould is a narcissist. He thinks his shit does not stink. This man will babble on about how much newcastle is needed in the game but does sweet f all to support us, will refuse to release players for the good of the game cos it affects his club, and then takes players from other clubs for his own ego. That folks is the NRL. A TV game designed to keep the poor down and let the rich flourish. Capitalism with a football.

Funny (hilarious) how this post has come at a time when Penrith are running 2nd and Newcastle 15th. Not in 2013 when the Knights reached the 3rd week of the finals while the Panthers finished 10th. Or 2012 when Penrith finished 2nd last. Or 2007 when we were dead last.

Penrith have finished ahead of Newcastle only once in the last 8 completed seasons, yet you see fit to begrudge our current success. Other clubs and their supporters have a great deal of sympathy and goodwill toward the Knights and the position they currently find themselves, but posting hysterical garbage like this against a club that is managing to lift itself out of the mire, will not help. Every team goes through lean times. It would be nice if their supporters could accept this with good grace.

Yosh

Coach
We need to get rid of Gidley asap, before he gets injured and then noone will have him. His brother will be doing him a huge favor by finding him a good deal in the ESL.

aqua_duck

Coach
Something tells me there's more to it then just Matt being CEO, in recent weeks Wayne is actually increasing Kurt's game time, coach obviously sees something none of us can

Rod

Bench
Well things could be worse recruitment-wise I guess. We could make a huge name signing and get all excited only for them to backflip two weeks later....

Alex28

Coach
We've had a mixed experience with English players - Brian Carney was a bit of a legend, but Lee Jackson utterly stunk and was supposed to be fantastic based on English form...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
You don't like Mamo? Heaps of potential to be a great fullback IMO...more than Kev anyway.

I know Tom Symonds' relatives. They live in Lake Mac so that one might not be too much out of the question. We need props more though.

Im more interested in seeing Gagai have a go at the back.

He strikes me as a mini-me version of Greg Inglis.

Status
Not open for further replies.