What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noname36

First Grade
The whole missing out on players thing really sucks...although I'm pretty happy we missed out in this instance.

Burwood

Bench
Christ we are a funny bunch on here. Let's whinge because our admin is so hopeless, and then whinge that another club's is so effective.

Why should Penrith not do what is best for their club? Would any of you seriously consider releasing a player to another club because it's what is best for the game? Why should Tariq Sims' missus and a newborn baby spend 2 hours in the car to travel to Sydney when she can have family 10 minutes down the road and ready to help at the drop of the hat?

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I live on the central coast and 45% of workers work in Syndey. That is minimum 90 mins with traffic flow each way five days a week. That is what makes me laugh at these players who whinge about Newie being too far away. It is pathetic. Gould is starting to irritate me. His opportunism is disgusting. Channel 9 just suck up every word this arrogant know it all spits out. How many players has Gould signed in the last 12 months that are rising stars at other clubs by getting rid of current players that were signed on back ended deals? They have the best junior nursery in the world!

Grant is gone cos he cost too much. McKendry gets a stay of execution despite us needing him far more than Penrith did due to long term player allowance . Yet he takes our juniors at will. Why do they need both Segeyaro and that young hooker from Souths? Greed. Gould is a narcissist. He thinks his shit does not stink. This man will babble on about how much newcastle is needed in the game but does sweet f all to support us, will refuse to release players for the good of the game cos it affects his club, and then takes players from other clubs for his own ego. That folks is the NRL. A TV game designed to keep the poor down and let the rich flourish. Capitalism with a football.

WTF am I reading! :? Are you seriously saying that Gould should be a good bloke to all the rest of the clubs and make Penrith weaker to help other random clubs like Newcastle become stronger? What kind of fairyland are you living in?

Based on your faulty logic, during 1997-2003 the knights should have unloaded players in order to help out other clubs, due to us having such a strong team. Ben Kennedy should have been shipped off as we already had Steve Simpson and it was arrogant of our management to try and keep both. Dayum we were so narcissistic and greedy! :crazy:

RHCP

Bench
Because the Knights already have more than enough of a junior catchment area to look after and the Roosters have absolutely f**k all. Seriously, they have like less than ten clubs.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Because the Knights already have more than enough of a junior catchment area to look after and the Roosters have absolutely f**k all. Seriously, they have like less than ten clubs.

wow , are you serious ? If that figure is anywhere near true that's a joke. That ( in my opinion ) would hardly make them a worthy club to be in the NRL. Contribution Value Rating of minus 10.

Big Mick

Referee
I live on the central coast and 45% of workers work in Syndey. That is minimum 90 mins with traffic flow each way five days a week. That is what makes me laugh at these players who whinge about Newie being too far away. It is pathetic. Gould is starting to irritate me. His opportunism is disgusting. Channel 9 just suck up every word this arrogant know it all spits out. How many players has Gould signed in the last 12 months that are rising stars at other clubs by getting rid of current players that were signed on back ended deals? They have the best junior nursery in the world!

Grant is gone cos he cost too much. McKendry gets a stay of execution despite us needing him far more than Penrith did due to long term player allowance . Yet he takes our juniors at will. Why do they need both Segeyaro and that young hooker from Souths? Greed. Gould is a narcissist. He thinks his shit does not stink. This man will babble on about how much newcastle is needed in the game but does sweet f all to support us, will refuse to release players for the good of the game cos it affects his club, and then takes players from other clubs for his own ego. That folks is the NRL. A TV game designed to keep the poor down and let the rich flourish. Capitalism with a football.

I drive from Bondi to Villawood to work each day which is 1 hr 15min min each way...do I deserve a medal too?

As for ur post...who pay's Gus' primary football income? Penrith....not the NRL Why should he help a competitor when Penrith has been struggling for years....If the shoe was on the other foot you wouldn't give a shit.

So Gould must not do his job in order to build the best Penrith team possible to do your team a favour? pffft

As for your assertion of greed it couldn't be further from the truth. The reason Penrith signed Api is due to the fact Kingston wont be with the club next year in all likelihood and our primary back up in Keirran Moseley may be heading home to Nth Qld due to homesickness. That's what good CEO's like to call...future roster planning. Gus has even said Roster is nearly locked in for 2015 with his focus now shifting to 2016.

That sort of management hasn't been seen out in Penrith for a significant amount of time...and given your post...it hasn't been seen in Newcastle either. Maybe you should start there.....

Apologies to the good Knights fans here...the above post just was so idiotic I couldn't let it go without reply.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Gus on Twitter has apparently denied Panthers going after Tariq Sims. So unless it's just an attempt to deflect attention until it's done, I would imagine Knights are still a great chance and probably the front runners.

I think he would be an awesome signing for any club. His form lately has been poor, but we know he can be a beast when fit and firing.

Rod

Bench
I think he's been quite good from what I've seen, not back to what we saw in 2012 but better than last year.

We're in a begging rather than choosing position right now anyway. I hope the club is pursuing him.

slotmachine

First Grade
Have to be realistic, big names want nothing to do with Newcastle and the Knights

If we get rid of Boyd we should have buckets of money to spend.

Start by asking Penrith nicely to give Kev back. Then, looking at forwards off contract or potentially available, if we could get McKendry, Latimore, Tom Symonds and (dreaming) Hannant we'd do OK next year. Maybe give Willie one more season too.

Kev
Uate
Gagai
BJ
McManus
Mullen
Roberts
Snowden (if we can get him fit somehow)
Clydesdale
Hannant
Scott
Tapine
Rochow

Gidley
McKendry
Sims
Symonds

Willie
Smith
Latimore
VaiVai
Taylor

That side isn't getting in a battle for the spoon at least.

Frederick

Staff member
Have to be realistic, big names want nothing to do with Newcastle and the Knights

If we get rid of Boyd we should have buckets of money to spend.

Start by asking Penrith nicely to give Kev back. Then, looking at forwards off contract or potentially available, if we could get McKendry, Latimore, Tom Symonds and (dreaming) Hannant we'd do OK next year. Maybe give Willie one more season too.

Kev
Uate
Gagai
BJ
McManus
Mullen
Roberts
Snowden (if we can get him fit somehow)
Clydesdale
Hannant
Scott
Tapine
Rochow

Gidley
McKendry
Sims
Symonds

Willie
Smith
Latimore
VaiVai
Taylor

That side isn't getting in a battle for the spoon at least.

Too much Gidley

slotmachine

First Grade
Gidley would be close to the best player in the ESL I reckon, his game is suit it well.

Boyd will leave if Bennett does. There was also talk the Dogs might be interested.

aqua_duck

Coach
Gidley would be close to the best player in the ESL I reckon, his game is suit it well.

Boyd will leave if Bennett does. There was also talk the Dogs might be interested.

3 years ago Gids would've been the best in ESL, not so sure these days, as for his style, running around aimlessly is hardly a style, he lacks speed, doesn't read the game well, lacks playmaking ability and is injury prone

Status
Not open for further replies.