What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Scraping the barrel already. Hooray.

You consider signing British talent 'scraping the bottom of the barrel'? I'd give your left nut for Tomkins, Sam Burgess, George Burgess, James Graham, or Gareth Widdop in our side.

Im more interested in seeing Gagai have a go at the back.

He strikes me as a mini-me version of Greg Inglis.

I tend to agree. I'd like to see Gagai get a run at the back. Mamo looks good, but I think he's better suited to the wing.

aqua_duck

Coach
You consider signing British talent 'scraping the bottom of the barrel'? I'd give your left nut for Tomkins, Sam Burgess, George Burgess, James Graham, or Gareth Widdop in our side.

I tend to agree. I'd like to see Gagai get a run at the back. Mamo looks good, but I think he's better suited to the wing.

Mamo's height is a big drawback on the wing. I can't think of any decent wingers under 180cm.
As for Kirmond, I've personally have never seen him play but how can you compare the best players in the English team to a 28 year old who can't crack the 34 man extended squad?

Frederick

Staff member

I like how you said you'd give his left nut and not your own haha

Noname36

First Grade
I liked your explanation on Facebook better, he's got dementia and forgot that he selected Clydesdale on the bench

Look, I know everyone here hates Bennett and want to crack jokes, but can we not go there please mate? As someone that currently has a very close family member dying following a long period of time with early-onset dementia I don't find it funny...and I'm sure most people wouldn't either.

I have a grandmother dying from dementia, I don't have a problem with the comments. You are taking it out of context.

Lot of takent in the ESL but the quality of the competition is the issue. Until they get that having four teams dominate is unhealthy then it will not change.

macavity

Referee
Never heard of the dude. He is old and small and not in the top squad of the third best league nation.

Ergo, scraping the barrel.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Look, I know everyone here hates Bennett and want to crack jokes, but can we not go there please mate? As someone that currently has a very close family member dying following a long period of time with early-onset dementia I don't find it funny...and I'm sure most people wouldn't either.

Comon man, you are entitled to your feelings on the matter but one could argue that you are taking said comments a tad to seriously. Do you have an issue with the cataracts comment too?

Like CH said, context is everything here

Misanthrope

Staff member
Mamo's height is a big drawback on the wing. I can't think of any decent wingers under 180cm.
As for Kirmond, I've personally have never seen him play but how can you compare the best players in the English team to a 28 year old who can't crack the 34 man extended squad?

I didn't compare him to anybody. I just pointed out that there have been plenty of good British players, and labeling the region 'the bottom of the barrel' was inaccurate.

Josh Charnely from Wigan looks like superstar in the making. Reminds me of Brian Carney. Solid and very fast.

Very good play. I'd love to have him, Ryan Hall, Kallum Watkins, and/or Zak Hardaker at the club.

I like how you said you'd give his left nut and not your own haha

Well, I'm not very well going to give my own...

David Mead wants a release from the Titans.. I know we need more forwards but can we buy him?? Lol

We don't need to be buying players just for the sake of it. Our backline depth is beyond fine right now.

Never heard of the dude. He is old and small and not in the top squad of the third best league nation.

Ergo, scraping the barrel.

Well, no offense, but you not having heard of a player is only really relevant if you watch ESL. Most Australian football fans didn't know who Sam Burgess was until he got down here.

As to Kirmond, he's a decent player in the workhorse mold, but with a bit of mongrel to him too. He captains his club too.

Not sure what to make of the 'England squad' given it has no NRL players in it and they don't have a game for months yet. England do have good back row stocks, though.

He'd certainly be a better gamble than a guy like Mossop or Cooper, and he'd be automatically better than anybody in our forward pack not named Scott or Cuthbertson.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
The squad is a domestically based elite squad, hence no NRL players, like I said I've never seen him play but the fact he is 28 and has never played for England and not seen as one of the best 34 players over there doesn't fill me for enormous confidence. All the English players who've come over and done well have been say top 5 or so in the ESL (with the exception of George Burgess and Gareth Widdop who both came here very young).

Misanthrope

Staff member
The squad is a domestically based elite squad, hence no NRL players, like I said I've never seen him play but the fact he is 28 and has never played for England and not seen as one of the best 34 players over there doesn't fill me for enormous confidence. All the English players who've come over and done well have been say top 5 or so in the ESL (with the exception of George Burgess and Gareth Widdop who both came here very young).

Don't get me wrong, he's not a Burgess or an O'Loughlin, but I can't imagine he'd be asking for a fortune and he'd be an improvement over nuffies like House, Newton, and the like.

Noname36

First Grade
I have a grandmother dying from dementia, I don't have a problem with the comments. You are taking it out of context.

How was I supposed to read it? You can read the comment however you see fit, as will I. I thought it was taking things too far and I didn't think it was funny so I expressed that.

Misanthrope

Staff member
How was I supposed to read it? You can read the comment however you see fit, as will I. I thought it was taking things too far and I didn't think it was funny so I expressed that.

There's no such thing as taking things too far. There are just sensitive people.

That's not an attack on those who are sensitive, but I don't believe anybody should censor themselves just to be politically correct. You can't protect everybody's feelings, nor should you waste your time trying to.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
My grandmother was recently diagnosed with Alzheimers. I couldn't give a f%ck if people on here say Wayne is demonstrating that he has alzeimers. I'm not a part of the politically correct police.

Misanthrope

Staff member
My grandmother was recently diagnosed with Alzheimers. I couldn't give a f%ck if people on here say Wayne is demonstrating that he has alzeimers. I'm not a part of the politically correct police.

Exactly. My Great Aunt suffered from it. It's a terrible, terrible illness.

Doesn't mean a squirt to this conversation unless some insensitive prick is directly mocking your ill relative.

Josh maguire wants to test the market. Now he is one prop I would pay overs for. He's a big solid hard hitting prop. He is probably the broncos leading prop. I have always rated him since his debut.

Status
Not open for further replies.