What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is second only to James Graham as a ball playing forward IMO. Merrin has got to be a realistic proposition. Our back row would be the best in the game with him on board.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
He has carried some niggling injuries he picked up during airing but I have little doubt the impact he could make at the club would be no different than Scott's. He's getting paid far, far less than he deserves at St. Merge and we want plenty of space. Worth it.

Noname36

First Grade
Massive yes to Merrin!

Get it done Gidley!

Oh Lord, now I have zero confidence :lol:

Hopefully he's still good mates with Scott, Jez and Alex and they get in his ear. Hopefully he also sees that Scott has gone from strength to strength here and won't be deterred by the club's general unattractiveness.

We should also keep an eye on the Roosters roster cos it will be dismantled at the end of next year. They will be lucky to keep half that side. An article on the fox site at least suggested as much. Explains why they are busy nicking top line juniors again as only they can.

Is it legit that trials don't count? If so then Tariq would be eligible to play in trial matches. Atleast he would get some match fitness. Also if trials are no longer counted then why should a player be suspended from an NRL match for an indescretion in a trial?

Swarzey

Bench
Good resignings. Bennett really pushed for Mataora to go to Brisbane so it's nice to see him remain at the club. Resigned them before Fa'alogo and Houston so I'd assume we'll see plenty of them in FG next year.

KAB

Juniors
We should also keep an eye on the Roosters roster cos it will be dismantled at the end of next year. They will be lucky to keep half that side. An article on the fox site at least suggested as much. Explains why they are busy nicking top line juniors again as only they can.
Well now that they moved into the Central coast, and signed a number of junior players. I believe the next port will be the newcastle / hunter district, as there's a lot talent that are being over looked. But not to worry Newcastle have invited a host of central coast matts players to trial. Which is weird as they got smashed by the knights Matts.

otori

Juniors
Well you'd think the fact he signed for four years with no guarantee of Bennett staying shows he's not here for that only. I'm not personally a fan of this move but I also understand that cutting players who do something stupid/violent would probably mean the NRL was abandoned. And the article does state that two players have recently gone through coming back after being charged with assault.

It'd be nice if he felt he had something to repay and played out of his skin

The great thing is if we are dumb enough to try to register him, NRL is finally starting to look after its image so they'll likely block any move to register him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts