What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuffy

Bench
Based on today's Telegraph, Dan Hunt is on the outer, would be a decent pickup as a prop replacement.

Also Sam Lousi has been released by the Warriors, big unit and a prop, was a junior Kiwi so might be worth a punt, would be cheap.

Last edited:

rabble

Juniors
Mataora should stay, he's not going to get a run in firsts at the broncos. Hopefully stone can convince him to stay. I see him and vaivai getting a run next year. Would also like to see Ross at fullback.

Liam

Juniors
Sam Lousi would be a good pickup, especially if it gave us leverage to sign his brother Sione down the line. Two huge units.

Dan Hunt on the other hand is an absolute plodder, all the Dragons supporters I know want him gone as soon as possible.

Spot On

Coach
Only a few years ago the Dragon's forum had Dan Hunt pencilled in as their next great thing. What happened to him?

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Wonder how long we are going to be made to wait for Boyd to move on. His departure wouldn't be holding up the Mata boys contracts would it?

macavity

Referee
Jojo_giant_baby.jpg

Dan Hunt....

Yosh

Coach
Hearing Trent Merrin's on his way out, could be gold. Also isn't that Stockwell guy decent as well?

Rod

Bench
Obviously very unlikely but Merrin is exactly what we need, he's like a better version of Cuthbo. Good running game and has an offload. He's been playing lock but could easily go back up front.

perverse

Referee
How did you blokes rate Merrin's form this season?
Inconsistent, but still good enough to be a huge priority for us. He's one guy that I don't think has peaked yet, and has a lot of years ahead of him. Already an origin player, and well deserved imo. Even on his off days, he's put up better-than-Willie stats. Granted he won't fire us up like Willie has a tendency to do... or moreso bring the crowd into the game. I think we'll be relying on our backs to provide the atmosphere next year, and they should be able to deliver. Even if shit goes bad for us, I still think our pack is going to be MUCH better than the previous Stone era.

Inconsistent, but still good enough to be a huge priority for us. He's one guy that I don't think has peaked yet, and has a lot of years ahead of him. Already an origin player, and well deserved imo. Even on his off days, he's put up better-than-Willie stats. Granted he won't fire us up like Willie has a tendency to do... or moreso bring the crowd into the game. I think we'll be relying on our backs to provide the atmosphere next year, and they should be able to deliver. Even if shit goes bad for us, I still think our pack is going to be MUCH better than the previous Stone era.

This is why I am a fan of keeping willie. He may not be punching out big metres but he has that ability t fire everyone up. He has the ability to lift those around him. It doesn't matter if he only makes 80metres if he can make others around him lift by 5%.

As we all know, there is more to the game than simple stats and things that can't be measured can be just as important to a team. Even someone like beau Scott, you would look at his stats and say he's average.

Yosh

Coach
He's only 25 so got a good couple of years ahead of him. Better than anything we've got and better than other forwards on the market. An hour South of Sydney or an hour North. Same sh*t different smell no? Would love to see Merrin come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.