What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Throw the bank at Foran Mids as I feel he is going to look to a new challenge. He has dropped enough hints he wants a change and we need to move fast cos i am tipping Dogs want him and Reynolds will move to the 9 to accomodate it. I would not be surprised if Des plays Reynolds at 9 and Josh Jackson at 6 Sunday.

Noname36

First Grade
:lol: we can't even hold onto the Mata'utias and people think we can sign Foran?

:lol::lol::lol:

Noname36

First Grade
Kevin naquama has signed with tigers...... Anyone sad this fella left......... I'm more disappointed that panthers took him, just so he could play in Nsw cup

Nope. Decent player and I always liked him but stuck behind too many here. Didn't play his best at Penrith either. I think they signed him to play FG but others leapt ahead of him.

Swarzey

Bench
I've never seen Foran perform well without DCE. Great player, but he needs someone else to take the lead.

Besides, whether people want to believe it or not, this team needs Mullen.

Yosh

Coach
I like Mullen but Foran's only about 8 times better than Mullen. Physical and technical abilities aside, Foran's mentals sh*t all over Mullen's. Foran's the type of player I'd want leading my team around the park. Have Mullen chip in with his kicks, runs and long balls but Foran the main man. Tyrone off the bench as impact hooker.

Just adding Foran would make us jump 4 or 5 places on the ladder imo.

PhilGould

Bench
The only advantage Mullen has over Foran is his kicking game when he decides to play good (once a month at best). It's not even a contest.

timka4

Bench
Mullen is much more consistent than that. He had a lean period during the middle third of the year but so did the entire team. Aside from that period this year and the couple of years before this he has been great for us

Noname36

First Grade
The only advantage Mullen has over Foran is his kicking game when he decides to play good (once a month at best). It's not even a contest.

Have you not watched football since 2011??????????????

Jesus. Yeah, Mullo didn't have a good year. He struggled coming back from injury himself into a very poor team and I don't think he got his confidence back after that. Getting left out of the NSW side yet again despite outplaying Reynolds convincingly twice in a week didn't help the confidence thing. But please don't say he "decides to play good once a month". For a couple of years before he got injured he was playing great every week. In fact I could probably count the number of poor games he had in 2012 and 2013 on one hand. FFS his issue was never just not "deciding to play good". It was always a confidence thing (or lack there of). I don't know what the hell Bennett did but he seemed to fix that and we finally saw the player we always thought he could be consistently until he picked up a nasty injury.

And it's just not kicking that Mullen has superior skills, but also passing and his defence. They both have great running games. You're right, it's not even a contest. Also I'd love to see how Foran would go in our side next to Roberts or Gidley and Mullo in Manly's next to DCE. I think it would be quite interesting.

Noname36

First Grade
Why exactly does this team need Mullen?

Again, this comment has me scratching my head. Just because we managed to win a couple of games at the backend of the year without Mullo where our game plan consisted of offloading until something happened...that does't mean he's suddenly not needed.

We can't do that all the time. Sooner or later sides will wake up to it and we'll need a half that is actually capable of constructing some plays. Who else do you reckon we should rely on for that? Captain Kurt, or Roberts, whom I'm sure you must also have an issue with if you have a big problem with inconsistency?

Most games we've been able to win post-Johns has been off the back of Mullo and Mullo only. When Johns retired most people predicted that we were going to collect wooden spoons for the next 10 years. I have a feeling that if it weren't for Mullo that might have happened.

IMO you're severely underselling what he's done for this club over the past decade based on things that have happened this season under very bizarre and tragic circumstances.

Rod

Bench
They're completely different types of halves. Foran plays a great role for the Sea Eagles because of the quality of DCE, but I agree with Chicken_Hunter he's not what you'd call a controlling half. He also had quite a quiet year as well I think, although so did Mullen.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Foran is a hooker playing 5/8. He is not a dominant half and would struggle to be the main playmaker in any team

Id still love him here though but not at the expence of Mullo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts