What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh? Rick Stone is the least of our worries, I'm generally a fan of his. Any time I've inadvertently bagged the guy, it would have been to contrast our recruitment ability with him versus Bennett (or seemingly any other coach on the planet).

It's not Stone's fault that he and the club are as attractive to prospective signings as a weekend in a Nazi prison camp. Whilst having leprosy. He could sell himself a bit better, but the real issue are the people above and around him.

Sorry mate for the misjudgement.

perverse

Referee
No dramas, Baron.

So I've just read that Hannant is off to the Cowboys next year. Wtf is it with these QLDers and this homesickness bullshit? Are they all 12 years old? Townsville is every bit as far away from Brisbane as Newcastle is... Sydney is marginally further... yet the guy gets homesick in Sydney, but is fine with f**king Townsville?

Yeah, I'm sour because we had no chance of ever signing the bloke without Bennett here... but f**k man, QLDers need to harden up.

Nuffy

Bench
No dramas, Baron.

So I've just read that Hannant is off to the Cowboys next year. Wtf is it with these QLDers and this homesickness bullshit? Are they all 12 years old? Townsville is every bit as far away from Brisbane as Newcastle is... Sydney is marginally further... yet the guy gets homesick in Sydney, but is fine with f**king Townsville?

Yeah, I'm sour because we had no chance of ever signing the bloke without Bennett here... but f**k man, QLDers need to harden up.

If he is going that far up, its money baby.

What I really want to know is whether we really chased hard or whether we did zippo about pitching the opportunity.

perverse

Referee
If he is going that far up, its money baby.

What I really want to know is whether we really chased hard or whether we did zippo about pitching the opportunity.
I'd say we chased a lot of props very hard during the year, Hannant included. For some reason I doubt Hannant's best offer would have been from NQ, but it's possible I suppose - they did just let Tariq go.

Watching the ESL finals with a focus on props, there is a bloke who pkays for Wigan named Ben Flower. He would be worth a look as i understand he is un-signed. A no nonsense front rower who is bloody tough.

Looking forward to seeing Sam and Pat next year, not expecting superstars but shit even non nonsense guys that go out there and punch the metres would be great.

Lol what the actual f**k. Hannant wanted to stay in seqld and he signs for the cowboys.

I highly doubt our piss weak club even tabled an offer. Just like we haven't tabled one for Merrin. And just like we will probably offer AK47 300k and a starting prop spot. It's the Newcastle way.

f**k this club I hope we just die.

Lol what the actual f**k. Hannant wanted to stay in seqld and he signs for the cowboys.

I highly doubt our piss weak club even tabled an offer. Just like we haven't tabled one for Merrin. And just like we will probably offer AK47 300k and a starting prop spot. It's the Newcastle way.

f**k this club I hope we just die.

Pretty much sums up how many feel now. I think your last sentence is hyperbole though. If not then you should do your health a favour and support another club mate. You are fully entitled.

Swarzey

Bench
Watch, the soft merkin will be out of NQL the very moment he has a chance. Will play well next year and will start being homesick afterwards.

Nuffy

Bench
I'd say we chased a lot of props very hard during the year, Hannant included. For some reason I doubt Hannant's best offer would have been from NQ, but it's possible I suppose - they did just let Tariq go.

Todays Tele suggests that it was Storm, Manly and NQ chasing Hannant, nothing about us.

He signed a one year deal which is weird. You'd have thought a multi year generous deal from us would have been attractive.

Assuming we even made an offer.

Perhaps Mids and Stone are on holidays......................

Joker's Wild

Coach
No dramas, Baron.

Dude, Townsville is a lot further away from Brisbane than Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong and even Canberra. Its all just bullshit that makes them look like princesses. They just like being around their own kind and playing with their Maroon mates

Spot On

Coach
Awwww, they're just so compassionate in QLD. Seems a couple of Bens are on the outer up there. Such a change from the previous 'compassionate' Broncos. Hannant just had to be back in Brissy we he left Sydney didn't he????

James Tamou will need to pull his finger out of his arse very soon or he won't even get a bench at the Cowboys. That said, what u see is what you get from him it would seem now. Imposter. I dont thknk it gets any better.

If Stone signs Kaufusi I give up on our chances of decent recruitment. Antonio was loaned out to Bradford by Huddersfield. He is leaving the UK cos he won't get a start anywhere there. That is the truth no matter how much crap they try to spin it with.

whistler

Juniors
If Stone signs Kaufusi I give up on our chances of decent recruitment. Antonio was loaned out to Bradford by Huddersfield. He is leaving the UK cos he won't get a start anywhere there.
What has Stone shown you in the past that gave you any optimism for decent recruitment. He's an absolute battler.

Nuffy

Bench
I read in today's Tele that we can't re-sign Houston and Faalongo until we hear from Boyd.

Seriously, how the flying f**k can we have cap problems.

Defies description that we would be in such a position to be unable to re sign two fringe first graders.

Dave_

Juniors
I don't even know what to think any more. We just cannot be serious......

I've got a bad feeling that this Stone era is going to make the Bennett era look like the glory days :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts