What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read Toohey article today and all I can say is maybe Midley isn't as bad as we think. He wanted Graham at the club but the dicks who ran the joint in 2010 thought otherwise. A bit like Hages with Gareth Ellis. Yes we could have had both. I think all your sentiments about the club being run by imbeciles is right but I am starting to feel Matty might be the one trying to change that with little support at board level. Wayne i doubt gave him a look in.

Swarzey

Bench
Why exactly does this team need Mullen?

Remember when Newcastle capitulated without Johns? Once Joey retired we couldn't win a game without Gidley? We've nabbed wins without Mullen throughout 2014 but to have any hope of being any sort of a chance in 2015 and beyond Mullen needs to be there; he has quickly brome our spiritual leader.

It's clear that you've forgotten his form of 2013 where he (if I remember correctly) finished 4th or so in the Dally M count. But oh no, a shit season riddled with injury and suddenly it's time to dump him.

PhilGould

Bench
Remember when Newcastle capitulated without Johns? Once Joey retired we couldn't win a game without Gidley? We've nabbed wins without Mullen throughout 2014 but to have any hope of being any sort of a chance in 2015 and beyond Mullen needs to be there; he has quickly brome our spiritual leader.

It's clear that you've forgotten his form of 2013 where he (if I remember correctly) finished 4th or so in the Dally M count. But oh no, a shit season riddled with injury and suddenly it's time to dump him.
Never have I said we need to dump him. Nor have I forgotten his form last year, which was good. I just don't think the Knights need Mullen any more than we need any other players.

That being said, when he's in form he can be a great player.

You're right that for us to be any chance in 2015 (realistically I don't think we will be) we'll need Mullen but that's only because Mullen is the best/only option we have.

Last edited:
Never have I said we need to dump him. Nor have I forgotten his form last year, which was good. I just don't think the Knights need Mullen any more than we need any other players.

Do you even watch any knights games? Do you know who Jarrod Mullen is? You seem a little confused. Either that or you are trolling.

Who said anything about Mullen going anywhere? Foran could play lock no worries at all. He is a world class defender and if there is a harder ball runner in the game for his size would like to see them. I do not get the Mullen is untouchable now all because he has one decent year. Let's see how he goes without Bennett to steer him. In the back of everyone's minds here is his mental fragility rearing it's ugly head again.

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Who said anything about Mullen going anywhere? Foran could play lock no worries at all. He is a world class defender and if there is a harder ball runner in the game for his size would like to see them. I do not get the Mullen is untouchable now all because he has one decent year. Let's see how he goes without Bennett to steer him. In the back of everyone's minds here is his mental fragility rearing it's ugly head again.
Yep and as much as I love the bloke I just cant see us winning a GF with him as our chief playmaker /go to man

Bobby Dazzler

Juniors
Giants release prop Antonio Kaufusi
– October 7, 2014

Huddersfield Giants have released prop Antonio Kaufusi by mutual consent to allow him to return to Australia.
The 29-year-old, who was 12 months into a two-year deal, joined the Giants from London Broncos last October.
Tonga-born Kaufusi made 15 appearances for the Giants and also spent time on loan at Bradford Bulls.
He told the club website: "I know I had next year at the Giants, but an opportunity appeared back home for us which we want to pursue at this stage."

Antonio Kaufusi is heading home...

Anyone else worried that this "opportunity" is with the Knights? We need front rowers and Stoney obviously likes him.

perverse

Referee
Oh f**k me dead... if we take AK47m back then the regression is absolutely complete. Surely we can't be that pathetic.

EdLondon

Juniors
Read that and had the dreaded thought too. He couldn't possibly be coming back to us. On another note I see Zeb got Catalans player of the year award.

Oh f**k me dead... if we take AK47m back then the regression is absolutely complete. Surely we can't be that pathetic.

Dude put away the razors and the get the hammer of stones knee's. It was years ago Stone signed AK47 and no mention we are even interested.

TheViking

Juniors
If it's not the Knights who else could it be?

Dragons need props badly. Perhaps them?

Broncos are light now they lost Hannant?

About the only three clubs it would make to much sense too.

Canberra maybe?

If it's not the Knights who else could it be?

Dragons need props badly. Perhaps them?

Broncos are light now they lost Hannant?

About the only three clubs it would make to much sense too.

Canberra maybe?

Honestly anyone but us, just like I am praying for Mase and Boyd!

perverse

Referee
Dude put away the razors and the get the hammer of stones knee's. It was years ago Stone signed AK47 and no mention we are even interested.

Eh? Rick Stone is the least of our worries, I'm generally a fan of his. Any time I've inadvertently bagged the guy, it would have been to contrast our recruitment ability with him versus Bennett (or seemingly any other coach on the planet).

It's not Stone's fault that he and the club are as attractive to prospective signings as a weekend in a Nazi prison camp. Whilst having leprosy. He could sell himself a bit better, but the real issue are the people above and around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts