What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Barry Toohey tweeted Rivett being looked at by SL clubs and Armstrong likely to leave too. Club is worried about interest in Sharpe and I have heard the interest in our new English lads is already huge. So we have our work cut out for us. Speculation for accumulation may have to the way we go to prevent another Dom situation.
I bristle when I hear these types of stories. If we want to be a successful club and not perennial also-rans we have to fix this.

Would not surprise if clubs like the Rorters picked up both our English lads to play in their Cup team. It drives me nuts.

Knight Tales

Juniors
The journos at his re-signing Press Conference were insufferable. They robotically asked him, on repeat, how close did he come to leaving. Even after he answered it the first time.

Knight Tales

Juniors
All journalism is a joke nowadays and Rugby League journos are some of the worst. A bunch of entitled pricks who don’t even like the game.
Yep. All making jokes about going to Vegas when the focus should be being professional and making sure this great game expands. But nope. It is all aboit enjoying the sights. Already an article about the players not getting involved with the local girls in case they get extorted. Perhaps instead theu will meet a nice girl looking to have some fun.

THOMPSON’S NRL FUTURE UNCERTAIN

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/5596094c3f970f7fcf2270b2328917c3
Rugby union gun Tyrone Thompson has put to be reports he has signed a contract to join his brother Leo at the Knights, but did reveal he was considering the move.

Reports surfaced last season Thompson had signed a development deal ahead of the 2025 NRL season, turning his back on the 15-man code.

However, speaking to Stuff NZ, Thompson explained he is yet to settle his future with his current New Zealand rugby contract ending after the 2024 season.

“Well, we’re still trying to go through it all,” Thompson said.

“I’m considering it, I’ve definitely got interest in it. But I’ve still got aspirations here as well. So I’m seeing how it plays out. There’s nothing set yet.”

Tyrone’s brother Leo was one of Newcastle’s breakout players in 2023, joining the Saifiti brothers in a dangerous front row rotation.

Thompson’s coach at Super Rugby outfit the Chiefs said he was happy his player was being honest about his aspirations.

“The good thing is that he’s been very open and transparent about his desire to give league a crack, and there’s a lot of appeal, particularly to go and play with his twin brother, and I get that,” Clayton McMillan said.

“But we’re working really hard at our end to give him confidence that he’s highly-valued in our environment.”

Yosh

Coach
Is Australian Rubgu Union really in a lot of financial distress? Reckon League will be pulling players away from Union in the years to come? I don't watch any Union anymore and was wondering if there was any real talented players you guys think would be great additions to our team??

perverse

Referee
Is Australian Rubgu Union really in a lot of financial distress? Reckon League will be pulling players away from Union in the years to come? I don't watch any Union anymore and was wondering if there was any real talented players you guys think would be great additions to our team??
We've been pulling players away from union for a decade or two already. Not from the top end, but from the grassroots. I can't speak globally because I have no idea, but Union is dying a very slow and painful death in Australia. There's not much money left in it. If you're a schoolboys star and looking at football as a career, you pick up league at some stage. Union are working with the scraps the NRL leaves them here.

There's no need or reason to poach players from their top end. We get the best ones well before that.

Burwood

Bench
Now that Rivett has officially moved on, that leaves two spots in the squad available. Will be interesting to see what positions they look to bolster.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Rubgu Union is the most appropriate misspell ever. bravo

PhilGould

Bench
Fletcher Sharpe signs a 1-year extension and is upgraded into the top 30 with Ryan Rivett gone. Laitia Moceidreke moves from a NSW Cup contract to a development deal making him eligible from round 1 if needed.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Toohey has been saying for a while that the club is worried about losing Sharpe. The issue becomes big when Dragons and Tigers will throw money until it sticks. Centre or wing are his likely future in the forseeable.

Latest posts