What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Pezet is 21 and Madden 24 goes a long way to explain such an apparent difference in quality.

From what I've heard Pezet is a class above. I'd say by the time he's 24 he'll be nailing his position in the NRL.

Yesterday ( 10 yrs actually) is the time to be planning for the future, we have to suck lemons until halves develop. Hopefully get a Premiership at the back end of KP's career should he be stupid enough to stay.

mozza91

Coach
He was 4th string half at Melbourne and did his ACL at the worst time (although there’s never a good time to do one).
Where have you seen him look a class above? Not having a go just curious?

Last edited:
He was 4th string half at Melbourne and did his ACL at the worst time (although there’s never a good time to do one).
Where have you seen him look a class above? Not having a go just curious?
I havent watched him at all, just reports. Seen some interviews with Storm players saying he will be a "super star/ kids a freak" etc.

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Yeah Jock Madden just looks “better” in the sense that he has more experience steering a side around.

I know stats don’t tell the whole story, but Jonah has 7 try assists in his ten first grade games, and Madden has nine from 28.

Knight Tales

Bench
It’s a tough one as everyone knows they need a quality half to win a competition. As we saw with Parra. Moses looks back to his best and the Eels look like they are ready to get somewhere near their best.

slotmachine

First Grade
FWIW I think Pezet might get there but if you threw him into our side right now he would be no better than Cogger.

The game we beat the Storm earlier this year the halves matchup was Cogger/Gamble v Wishart/Pezet, and Pezet was completely anonymous except for missing tackles.

Anyway, very Newcastle Knights pinning your hopes on a kid coming off an ACL, who has some bad blood with the club in the past, isn't available until 2026 and is no guarantee to ever figure it all out.

When they drove a dump truck of money to an 18 year old KPs house you looked and saw a complete freak who would be at long odds to fail. Pezet isn't that by a large margin for mine.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Pezet is the best of the young halves coming through and it's not particularly close.
Would take Katoa over him and that's probably it. He'll have a better career than Latu as long as this ACL isn't the first of many injuries.

Old dog

Bench
We need to get Hastings fit, well and focused not just for rest of season but next when his contract is up, either that or we have to be rid of him because present Hastings isn’t as good as 2023 Hastings, if injury is problem fix or retire.
The problem isn’t just finding the right 7 but affording him. Cogger doesn’t look like solving our problem so he is backup only till 2026 season end.
Not seeing, limited TV coverage/highlights are not showing a solution to our problem Sutton and Pryce a work in progress.
Gamble is our best performing 6-7 but injured will ease our situation a bit when back but he isn’t signed for 2025.

Yosh

Coach
I reckon we should still keep Gamble. There is a winner in there and he just needs to find the right partner in the halves.

PhilGould

Bench
Toohey's News

- There’s around $500k to spend on the final roster spot this season but it will likely be used to take some pressure off next years cap rather than bringing in anyone significant.
- Dragons are favourites to sign Peter O’Sullivan but Knights not out of the race.
- Brian McDermott and Blake Green have both signed new deals. Rory Kostjasyn yet to commit amid interest from other clubs.
- Names a handful of juniors signed on longer-term deals and says Knights are trying to lock down Elijah Salesa-Leaumoana as well.

Knight Tales

Bench
I reckon there is a decent chance we sign Schuster for the rest of the year and see if he really wants to be an NRL player. But only if he accepts a smaller deal than he is asking. Hull FC is a basket case of a club. All I can say to the Cartwrights is good luck.

Last edited:

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I reckon there is a decent chance we sign Schuster for the rest of the year and see if he really wants to be an NRL player. But only if he accepts a smaller deal than he is asking. Hull FC is a basket case of a club. All I can say to the Cartwrights is good luck.
This club just likes to hurt fans, doesn't it.

Burwood

Bench
There’s two reasons we could have released Cartwright:

1) We have a signing we want to create space in the roster for.
2) Releasing Cartwright means we can promote someone into the top squad and they’ll be on minimum wage, freeing up some money for 2025.

Because we already had a roster spot available, I’m going to guess his release is just to free cap space.