What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Tales

Bench
Apparently we have enquired about Lachlan Ilias…. Not sure how I feel about that.
Jackson and Gamble must be ready to walk. The issue for them is where to. It is crazy how Parr just openly admits Our recruitment officer has spoken to Anasta with four halves on our books already.

Knight Tales

Bench
Our current halfback was a former Man Of Steel not too long ago...
In regards to French it is a pretty good coaching effort to turn a winger into a quality 6. Matt Peet is a coach NRL clubs should be keeping An eye on. Very talented. I can see why Wigan have him signed until the end of 2030.

Woody90

Juniors
Apparently we have enquired about Lachlan Ilias…. Not sure how I feel about that.

Apparently Brandy Alexander has said we’re not taking it any further.

Ilias is a tough one as I reckon he was in a pretty shit environment at Souths on and off the field - no way for a young half to thrive. Saying that though I still think he’d be a shit footballer in most other systems including ours.

Not anymore they wouldn’t. There are far better halfbacks over there than those two. I would not put Lewis Dodd in the top 5. He is better than both of ours.
I think you are underestimating just how different an environment the ESL is for halves compared to the NRL. There's less ruck dominance and far less kick pressure. You can't view a player playing in 1 and make a judgement on how they'd be playing in the other, it's chalk and cheese

PhilGould

Bench
Rising fullback David Armstrong is on the verge of a surprise backflip despite agreeing to a new deal with the Newcastle Knights just last week.

It is understood that Armstrong has met with Newcastle officials and told them he wants out of the two-year contract he had just agreed to in a bid to join the English Super League next season. A formal release came on Monday.

Leigh Leopards have weighed in with a richer three-year deal to entice Armstrong to join the club in 2025.

Noted speedsters including Bevan French, Matt Dufty and Jai Field have starred in the Super League in recent years.

Armstrong attracted interest from a host of NRL clubs including the Roosters before prolonged talks eventually led to him agreeing to stay in Newcastle.

But that all changed in recent days with Armstrong now wanting out. While Newcastle are frustrated they are expected to grant Armstrong that release this week.

Armstrong was set to switch to the wing next season in Newcastle as well as continue to be the understudy to superstar fullback Kalyn Ponga.

Armstrong has been a revelation for the Knights in the absence of Ponga. The 23-year-old has scored five tries from as many games including a treble against the Gold Coast in round 11.

He was poor in his most recent game against the Bulldogs and missed the clash against the Storm last week because of injury.

He has been named on an extended bench to face Penrith on Sunday.

Latest posts