What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Rod

Bench
I thought Jed looked ok in the limited opportunities he got. Guess there were a few ahead of him and Tyrone Thompson on the way but he was a big body that I thought could have been turned into a solid bench prop.

Knight Tales

Bench
Dave Armstrong is about to re-sign according to report in the SMH. Roosters were keen to get him as already reported elsewhere.

Woody90

Juniors
Dave Armstrong is about to re-sign according to report in the SMH. Roosters were keen to get him as already reported elsewhere.

Hopefully only very cheap given he’s not going to see much first grade. Looks like he’s already being dropped for Sharpe so third in line to play FG. Not sure how I feel about re-signing him (although always nice to retain a player the Roosters were after).

Knight Tales

Bench
Hopefully only very cheap given he’s not going to see much first grade. Looks like he’s already being dropped for Sharpe so third in line to play FG. Not sure how I feel about re-signing him (although always nice to retain a player the Roosters were after).
Dave is injured.

Woody90

Juniors
Might be our winger next year by the looks of it. Not sure how I feel about that :/

Who misses out for him though? I just can’t see him fitting there tbh. I don’t think we signed Schiller to play reserve grade and dropping Marzhew for Armstrong would absolutely destroy our start to sets.

Im not even sure id play Armstrong on the wing over Tuala tbh.

Knight Tales

Bench
Might be our winger next year by the looks of it. Not sure how I feel about that :/
He and Schiller fighting it out can’t be a bad thing although Dave is a fullback before he is a winger. Schiller seems to be Dane’s replacement longer term. Dave’s signing I think is one of those situations where he proved to be better than they thought he was. And why would you go to market when you have a kid with that much pace in your own backyard already. I’d say he is in for a huge off season in the gym.

Burwood

Bench
Who misses out for him though? I just can’t see him fitting there tbh. I don’t think we signed Schiller to play reserve grade and dropping Marzhew for Armstrong would absolutely destroy our start to sets.

Im not even sure id play Armstrong on the wing over Tuala tbh.

Toohey seems to think the plan is to bulk him up for the wing next year. Tuala is off contract. Schiller is a centre.

Old dog

Bench
My thoughts is Schiller to adapt, fit in, adjust playing outside Gagai with the aim to move to centre and Gags to wing, meaning fully fit our back five becomes Ponga, Gagai, Schiller, Best, Marzhew part way through season leaving us with a clump of 2-5 Cup players including Armstrong, Jenkins, Maps, Mocredeke, McCarhy, Myers etc playing Cup

Knight Tales

Bench
If you watch the Challenge Cup overnight between Wigan and Warrington, look for a unit of a kid named Junior Nsemba. 19 years old and has NRL written all over him. Would not mind us looking into his availability. But word is already several clubs are after him.

Yosh

Coach
If you watch the Challenge Cup overnight between Wigan and Warrington, look for a unit of a kid named Junior Nsemba. 19 years old and has NRL written all over him. Would not mind us looking into his availability. But word is already several clubs are after him.
Are we one of them? Considering all the English talent we been signing surely we are right?

Woody90

Juniors
Toohey seems to think the plan is to bulk him up for the wing next year. Tuala is off contract. Schiller is a centre.

When Schiller arrives though Gags will still have 1 season, maybe 2 left. My understanding was that either Schiller will start on the wing outside Gags or if he’s killing it at centre he might play there and push Gags to the wing.

Woody90

Juniors
I don’t think Marz is going to be in FG next year. Good to start sets but a major liability in D.

While he can be a liability in defence, I don’t think he’ll he dropped until another winger can make any type of impact on kick returns. They could bulk Armstrong up another 10kgs and I still couldn’t see his runs making any impact (and bulking him up seriously risks losing his one major asset which is his speed).

PhilGould

Bench
What we're seeing now is already the result of 3 years of trying to bulk him up. He's 23, not a kid still growing into his body, he just has a tiny frame.

He's been solid in a very limited role but not at all sold on him as a fullback, and even less sold on him as a winger. Don't really understand the rush to re-sign him other than being scared that the Roosters were going to steal our shiny new toy.

Woody90

Juniors
What we're seeing now is already the result of 3 years of trying to bulk him up. He's 23, not a kid still growing into his body, he just has a tiny frame.

He's been solid in a very limited role but not at all sold on him as a fullback, and even less sold on him as a winger. Don't really understand the rush to re-sign him other than being scared that the Roosters were going to steal our shiny new toy.

Yep. Not sure of his contract situation but now it’s more likely the Roosters will turn their attention on Sharpe who is the better prospect.

Old dog

Bench
Think Armstrong has done himself a disservice, if he was offered a contract elsewhere with the potential to be top f/b he should have taken it and I would say the same for Sharpe as unless Ponga has a career ending injury he will likely be No1 for quite a few years

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Hmmm not sure if Armstrong is a first choice FB at any club right now. He’s a good support runner and broken field player but he struggles making tough metres and isn’t much of a playmaker. How many clubs don’t already have a FB with an overall more well rounded game?

Jono078

Referee
I feel Armstrong is a little over reaction by the club. We have Sharpe and Voltano on the books. They seem to have much higher ceilings.