What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I can understand that, but your club is in such a fragile state that it doesn't seem like a good idea to pay overs for "a couple of kids" that might be good players. Bird is proven to be good, but not in the position you want to play him. Ponga is a risk.

It would make more sense to pay overs for nrl proven players to guide your young team around.

Mate, EVERY signing is a risk....

Even if you pay $2mil for a superstar doesnt mean they will perform. Maybe they will be well over the hill by the time they pull on your jersey, maybe they wont click with the new club culture, maybe they were actually a shitty player in a great team.

Bird and Ponga are both risks, but their price tag is commensurate with that risk, just as Birds price was commensurate with the risk you lot took on him a few years ago and just as a "proven" player's price would match their risk.

The other guys on here are demanding you name some proven player we could pick up, but they are being generous to you. What you NEED to do is name a player we could pick up for well below their actual value.

Short of that, youre just talking shit....

Glendale

Juniors
Toohey now reckons it's unlikely we get Bird as Sharks have upped their offer and he doesn't want to leave Sydney.

K-Man

Bench
Well that is pretty disappointing if true. We really need some quality talent to want to take some of this cash we've got. Not sure who we would even target next in terms of spine player, but they will know they're second choice.

K-Man

Bench
We need more creativity and spark in the halves next year. Otherwise it's going to be way too much for Ponga to have to come here and save us alone. Maloney in two years is not the answer. We have the money and we simply have to get a couple more very good players for 2018.

Glendale

Juniors
I understand the dissapointment if we miss out on another target like Bird, but looking at the big picture why is it so bad of a loss? We've offered the guy overs to play his "preferred position" and he still doesn't want to come on board. If he wanted to play for the Knights he'd have signed on the dotted line already. Move on.

perverse

Referee
If he doesn't want to leave, he doesn't want to leave. I wonder how Milk Shark feels now that the Sharks have all but matched our offer? No doubt it's ok because it's made up by 3rd parties - and our deal didn't include any of those... or some such nonsense.

Sucks to miss out, but we're used to this.

If he doesn't want to leave, he doesn't want to leave. I wonder how Milk Shark feels now that the Sharks have all but matched our offer? No doubt it's ok because it's made up by 3rd parties - and our deal didn't include any of those... or some such nonsense.

Sucks to miss out, but we're used to this.
Sharks won't match it. They certainly have pointed out some risks in terms of his representative income and how the coach intends to utilise him (2nd 5/8 type role from lock next year). But the big part is Bird wants to stay in Sydney

Burns

First Grade
Baz writes today on the James Graham rumour. Not surprising, but a lot of it is dependant on Bulldogs & Des agreeing etc etc.

But get this! In 2012 James Graham had agreed to sign with us due to a deal brokered by Matt Gidley from his time at St Helens. Due to Tinks intervention we instead signed Kade Snowden.

What a sliding doors moment.

K-Man

Bench
I understand the dissapointment if we miss out on another target like Bird, but looking at the big picture why is it so bad of a loss? We've offered the guy overs to play his "preferred position" and he still doesn't want to come on board. If he wanted to play for the Knights he'd have signed on the dotted line already. Move on.

All fair points. The concern for me is who do we move on to? Easier said than done. What we really can't afford is to be the last man standing in the game of musical chairs. There's a lot of talk around and things happening with the likes of Bird, Maloney, Townsend, Moses, Foran, Cronk, Reynolds etc, but I genuinely thought Bird was our best chance due to where he is at in his career. And you just get the feeling Brown and Mooney really wanted this one to make a serious statement to other potential recruits.

So the question is, who now?

perverse

Referee
Sharks won't match it. They certainly have pointed out some risks in terms of his representative income and how the coach intends to utilise him (2nd 5/8 type role from lock next year). But the big part is Bird wants to stay in Sydney
Oh ok, so the reports saying we're throwing a million bucks at him are accurate, but the ones saying the Sharks have come close to our offer with TPAs are wrong.

You think any of the information you just mentioned was unknown to Bird for the past many months?

As I said, nonsense. It's about dollars, and you're in denial if you think otherwise.

Baz writes today on the James Graham rumour. Not surprising, but a lot of it is dependant on Bulldogs & Des agreeing etc etc.

But get this! In 2012 James Graham had agreed to sign with us due to a deal brokered by Matt Gidley from his time at St Helens. Due to Tinks intervention we instead signed Kade Snowden.

What a sliding doors moment.
Kade was great until then. Don't know what happened to him, but he went pretty poorly for you guys.

Oh ok, so the reports saying we're throwing a million bucks at him are accurate, but the ones saying the Sharks have come close to our offer with TPAs are wrong.

As I said, nonsense.
Lol believe what you like.

TPA's at the Sharks are a strong point lol.

We must be the new Bronco's or Roosters.

Maybe we offered him a unit next door

perverse

Referee
Lol believe what you like.

TPA's at the Sharks are a strong point lol.

We must be the new Bronco's or Roosters.
You're in denial if you think Flanno had an overnight conversation with him, had something new to say that hadn't been said a thousand times, and swayed him that way.

Spot On

Coach
Can't wait to hear how much of a pay cut Bird has to take to join the Broncos. Will surely
Toohey now reckons it's unlikely we get Bird as Sharks have upped their offer and he doesn't want to leave Sydney.

Wholly shit, there are going to be some very upset Sharks fans knowing they are going to break the bank to keep Bird. A 1 million dollar right centre!!!!!!!!!

Lol.

Latest posts