What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

K-Man

Bench
Trying to build a round 1 team is hard.

1. Mamo
2. Ross
3. ?
4. Gagai
5. Aku
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
8. Snowden
9. Randell
10. Stockwell or Paea
11. K. Sims
12. Rochow
13. Smith

14. Levi
15. Mataora
16. Tapine
17. Paea or Stockwell

Dunno who plays centre. Would like to get Feeney in the mix somewhere. I don't think Feeney is a halfback, but he could be a good something else. We need to hope just about all our youth maximizes their potential.

The 2 and 3 is why I think Brown needed to break the budget on a centre if it was possible. Sure it would be nice to bring in 3 quality signings, but at the very least we need 1 signing in a position we are unbelievably weak in, and that's centre. I know Sione is only suspended, but what happens if we get an injury.

I honestly don't even know who plays centre for us, we've got nothing that stands out in NSW Cup that I can think of. Round 1 is way too early to be talking about bringing up some young player who isn't ready or moving a guy like Tapine to the centres as a stop-gap. We have to spend money.

mozza91

Coach
Side note- that Inglis heading to the Broncos rumour popped it's head up again. If that were to happen I will walk away from this game.

Brisbane getting an unfair advantage over the rest of the comp isn't anything new.

perverse

Referee
You're talking about the club that had Darren Lockyer at $250k under the cap. Of course they can afford Inglis. Broncos fans will tell you he's on Hodges money, which was probably $150k a year + a can of coke on game days.

Spot On

Coach
Oh, FFS there's no way a long term rep player would have been able to command those dollars throughout his career.;-)

Still Nutty

Juniors
GI wont be going to the Donkeys. They dont have enough for Roberts under their cap so Inglis would be well out of the equation

hhhmmm...GI - Newcastle much closer to Bowraville, could do with a replacement for Gidley, what are the chances???:?:::shock:=P~

First Grade
hhhmmm...GI - Newcastle much closer to Bowraville, could do with a replacement for Gidley, what are the chances???:?:::shock:=P~
Also Hunter sports high which he played for making him a new south welshman is in newie he could make a return to his grass roots :)

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I was reading today that the Broncos may need to lose Dale Copley to fit in James Roberts, I rate Copley and he wouldn't command the same price tag as some of the bigger name centres out there and doesn't seem to have the attitude problem that some of them do. What do people think?

Read today Pete Mata'Utia could possibly make way for James Roberts at The Dragons. I would take Pete over Copley. Pete has become all we knew he had in him. I think he and Sione in the centres together would be some weapon. Dane to fullback.

Frederick

Staff member
Pretty sure I read that Pete re-signed with the dragons today for about 333k a season

Spot On

Coach
I was reading today that the Broncos may need to lose Dale Copley to fit in James Roberts, I rate Copley and he wouldn't command the same price tag as some of the bigger name centres out there and doesn't seem to have the attitude problem that some of them do. What do people think?

He's been a bit unlucky with injuries 2 out of 3 past seasons. Had a really good season in 2014. Looked pretty good when fit and firing. Could do a lot worse. Would be a good pick up for us at the right price.

slotmachine

First Grade
watching joey blow up deluxe at jackson after receiving yet another pass around the bootlaces was always entertaining

nice article today about all manly's signings. myles, lussick, lewis brown, koroisau, taupau, walker. knights will be struggling to ever make the 8 again when the big clubs can do that.

Last edited:

Latest posts