What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Noname36

First Grade
Randell must have f*cked Browny's mrs or something to be so far on the outer...

I get is isnt a superstar, but compared to some of the plods we have been liked to Randell is Platinum class.

He was too plod for the size of contract he was on.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
Which is irrelevant to being re-signed. He didn't even get offered a reduced deal.
I think he's on $300,000 plus Randall? I think he's only worth $150,000 - $200,000. Half his contract. Not his fault he was offered that originally but not fare realistically to do it to him or club. If he can do better else where then good on him.

Haffa

He's not really worth offering any deal too. There are upgrades running around in reserve grade.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I'm a little surprised to hear that we only offered Pete 1 year. It's not like he's old or has a history of injuries or anything like that.

And considering he's arguably been our most consistent performer this year I'm surprised that he's not getting rewarded for his form. It's not that I think Brown should pay overs to keep him because I understand the whole salary cap balancing thing but I would have thought a 2 or 3 year deal would be on the cards.

At worst Pete has proven to be a wholehearted first grader, not a rep quality player or anything but I believe he would be good enough for a starting spot at a number of clubs. Surely having a bit of depth in the outside backs is worth while?

Personally what I would like to see next year is.

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Pete M
4. Moga
5. SKD

Sacrolishes

Juniors
I'm a little surprised to hear that we only offered Pete 1 year. It's not like he's old or has a history of injuries or anything like that.

And considering he's arguably been our most consistent performer this year I'm surprised that he's not getting rewarded for his form. It's not that I think Brown should pay overs to keep him because I understand the whole salary cap balancing thing but I would have thought a 2 or 3 year deal would be on the cards.

At worst Pete has proven to be a wholehearted first grader, not a rep quality player or anything but I believe he would be good enough for a starting spot at a number of clubs. Surely having a bit of depth in the outside backs is worth while?

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Pete M
4. Moga
5. SKD
Yeah it is pretty surprising. But it looks like Brown and Mooney and Gids are holding out on the fall out of the salary cap announcement, for both centers and frontrowers. Bit of a gamble especially if they lose Pete, but their choices so far have been sound.

Old dog

Bench

1. Ponga
2. Ross
3. Pete M
4. Moga
5. SKD
Think his brothers are all off contract next year, club might be going to give a package deal for 2019 onwards.
1-5 would be my selection too.

Old dog

Bench
Is great news about Herman signing, was a bit concerned with the length of no news, we badly need props and now we have one signed up, more please.

Jono078

Referee
I don't know and haven't seen much of Herman, what can you guys tell me about him?

It seems like everyone is pretty excited about the signing. Is that because he is an upgrade on our current stock or is he someone to be pretty excited about?

slotmachine

First Grade
Upgrade on current stock, but also a 22 year old with less than 30 first grade games that is averaging over 100m per game.

Still Nutty

Juniors

Just announced - Brisbane have locked up James Roberts until the end of the 2021 NRL season.