What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

otori

Juniors
Gee that's some modern day corporate bullshit. He's an adult. He's welcome to take a deal and best of luck to him. But decisions have consequences son and if you think an organisation should be screwed over just to help you out then you're an entitled brat.

perverse

Referee
Ridiculous money for Tapine. Either his manager is bluffing or the Raiders are stupid. What is Rickys fascination with backrowers all about? It's the same old story - we raise a good junior, another club comes in and bids more than we can afford (and way more than seems reasonable), and we either match it or watch them walk. This is how we end up with Aku contracts... but the alternative at this point seems to be playing with a team of reserve graders and an overpaid competant player here and there. We had to offer Gagai nearly bloody double what the Broncos offered him under the cap. The comp is so ridiculously unbalanced and seems to get far worse year on year.

It's quite remarkable that we're only paying our halves combination a tad over a million a year. I'm not a massive Hodkinson fan, but we did do good there.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Ridiculous money for Tapine. Either his manager is bluffing or the Raiders are stupid. What is Rickys fascination with backrowers all about?

We all remember his Origin selections. Backrowers everywhere. Worked a treat!:sarcasm:

perverse

Referee
Also, to be fair to Gagai - if he can sort out his defence he'll be worth what we're paying him. He'd be worth it already playing at fullback.

I like to think Browny will play Gagai at fullback one day but we clearly need another quality centre before that is feasible. The closest we have to that IMO is Joe Tapine who is mobile enough to play there. I am not sure what to feel about Tapine anymore cos he gives the impression that he will take the money. Whatever.

Noname36

First Grade
Tapine would absolutely wasted at centre IMO. His offloading ability was one of his best features I saw last year.

Pretty sure he played a bit of centre in the NSW Cup finals and was pretty useless out there.

perverse

Referee
Aren't the teams that win/play in grand finals supposed to have their rosters ravaged? wtf? Apparently we can't have any nice things. At all.

Swarzey

Bench
It was a good few years where we seemed to retain quality players, I guess the Bennett-Tinkler era wasn't so bad looking at it like that.

Getting rid of Uate would just solve sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many problems.

otori

Juniors
Jeez we already have a skinny squad and we're in danger of losing two quality back rowers. I'm a huge Rochow fan and would be pretty devastated if he left.

Rochow has the rare ability of being excellent up front or out wide. He is a highly underrated player. Would not shock me if he makes Origin squad this year off the bench it at least goes close.

Jono078

Referee
Everyone over rating Rochow much? He had 6 good games last year.

But he is not someone you break the bank over either.

I'd like to keep him, but if he goes, he'll be replaceable too.