What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

slotmachine

First Grade
If he wasn't our best forward in those games he was close...

Better than throwing money at a guy who couldn't give a shit in NSW cup.

Everyone over rating Rochow much? He had 6 good games last year.

But he is not someone you break the bank over either.

I'd like to keep him, but if he goes, he'll be replaceable too.

The fact Manly head the queue for him says something. could be worse for us. At least we have had a pretty solid off season.

Last edited:

Noname36

First Grade
Everyone over rating Rochow much? He had 6 good games last year.

But he is not someone you break the bank over either.

I'd like to keep him, but if he goes, he'll be replaceable too.

He had 6 good games and was out injured for a lot of the season and we missed him badly when he was out. He's one of the few backrowers we have that actually knows how to run a proper line. He's not a brilliant rep quality player by any stretch but he's very valuable to OUR squad. I'd be devastated to lose him. I'd have no qualms telling Tapine to walk so we can offer Rochow a little more. He's much more valuable to us on and off the field and I think Tapine has potential.

mozza91

Coach
If Josh Jackson and Beau Scott are considered rep quality than surely a fully fit Robbie Rochow wouldn't be far off?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I agree with this, Rochow is class. I think if he stays fit this year he could be knocking on the door of the Origin team mid-season.

We really need him to have a big year given how little experience is in our team this year.

aqua_duck

Coach
Josh Jackson is the most over-rated player in the comp.

This, he's ridden off the coat tails of guys like Graham, Klemmer, Tolman, etc. Break down his individual attributes and he's average or below average in most categories. Nothing more than a toiler IMO.

Glad you guys agree on jackson. One decent season and a fluke kangaroo jumper. A lot of us have rapped Rochow for a few years now and I think it shows we are pretty good judges all things considered. My real concern regarding Rochow is Manly. Fulton is their chief negotiator and he is a hard man to knock back it would seem given how strong their roster has become.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Sure, if Jackson can play rep, so can Rochow.

I like Rochow, especially what he showed last year. But I don't think he's that special that you break the bank to keep him.

I think he will suit the game now that there are less interchanges. Will be interesting to see how he goes.

Whats Doing

Bench
A lot of rumour that we are close to signing NYC gun centre Addison Demetriou from Manly.

He is more of a middle forward than a centre and only went out to the centres last year due to injuries.

Has been to a few clubs already (Roosters, Manly and Canterbury junior) notwithstanding he has only been in NYC.

Spot On

Coach
One of the league columns yesterday said Tapine to Canberra was a done deal. Take from it what you will.

Noname36

First Grade
For all the whinging the Raiders fans do about other clubs poaching their players they don't seem to have an issue with how many they attempt to poach from us.

nick87

Coach
In absolutely fairness to us, we've only really been players in the market since Stuart threw the development baby out with the Milford bath water