What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
RLPA has knocked back the 9.4mil. Seriously f**k them. They are the sole reason why it's taking so long yet everyone blames the nrl. The NRL should just tel them to f**k off and if they don't like it then go ahead and strike and don't get paid anything. The NRL needs to play hardball

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Are you serious? I'm f**king over this players union. Bunch of greedy pricks.

Grow a f**king set NRL.

A bunch of millionaire 20-somethings who wondered into the game and recieved huge paychecks off the work of blokes who came before them and retired too early to get the spoils. Now they are draining funds from grassroots because they need a second house.

Who wouldnt be sympathetic?

I think there is benefit in giving the players a set percentage of some chunk of funding to avoid this shitfight ever 5 years (it really ruins the games brand when players whinge that $9mil-a-year isnt enough, while local clubs struggle for funding).

Ive said before, give them 100% of ticket sales to force them to contribute and grow support instead of picking up the reward from other peoples work. Use the structural, long-term revenue sources (TV rights, etc) on the long term investments (clubs, juniors)

Didn't see much of last night's game but Ese Ese ran over 100 metres in 28 mins.

Anyone know if Sims was injured or hooked? Didn't come back after first stint according to NRL.com. only ran about 20 metres.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Didn't see much of last night's game but Ese Ese ran over 100 metres in 28 mins.

Anyone know if Sims was injured or hooked? Didn't come back after first stint according to NRL.com. only ran about 20 metres.

Herman was good in the time he was out there. Always bends the line.

Joel-22

Juniors
The more i think about the overall balance of our side, the more I warm to Blair.

Initially I was against it but I think for the balance of the side, he's close to exactly what we need.

He's a great defensive front rower with one of the better offloads in the comp and a passing game. Also plays with plenty of aggro.
He owns a personal training business with his wife and is supposedly a terrific trainer, something our young blokes would really benefit from.
We have 3 metre-eating FRFs next year in Jaifiti, Daifiti and Ese. Blair will add that bit of X-factor to the front row rotation by way of the aforementioned attributes.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Rightfully so. Passing is for softcocks.

The real question is who to put outside him? (unless you played Moga on the wing)

I was never worries that Junior Sau wouldnt pass, it was just his style. What annoyed me was when the coach would put a star winger outside him who would then never touch the ball. For me, its up to the coach to know the strengths and weaknesses of each player and build a side according to this...

Joel-22

Juniors
The real question is who to put outside him? (unless you played Moga on the wing)

I was never worries that Junior Sau wouldnt pass, it was just his style. What annoyed me was when the coach would put a star winger outside him who would then never touch the ball. For me, its up to the coach to know the strengths and weaknesses of each player and build a side according to this...

Ken Sio

His strengths are his hit-ups, he's not very fast or dynamic. Though can finish a try if need be

Burwood

Bench
From inside his own half, Moga put Milford away down the left wing at one stage last night. Brisbane made 40 or so metres and were unlucky not to score.

It's not a case of Moga not having a passing game, more that his strength is his size and speed.

Spot On

Coach
I must admit I wasn't overly excited when Brown signed Moga. But there is little doubt he is growing in confidence every week and is starting to exert himself on his edge - no matter who the opposition is. He is simply a beast - size and strength in attack is what we've needed for quite a while in our centres.

Fingers crossed he stays injury free and Brown can improve upon his game even further.

Brown has a good eye for talent with all our recruits (so far) playing very good footy atm.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade

This is where I disagree with you as Sau used to drive me to tears. Once the coaches worked him out, the opposition simply gang tackled him. As a result, he didn't score any tries and his winger was only there to do dummy half runs and defensive work.

Old dog

Bench
Gotta get someone in halves, with experience, will have Hodko next year along with inexperienced, Watson, Lamb, Cogger, Pythian, probably not Feeney and Pearsell. With injuries and Hodko not making many happy,,doubts about Pythian fitness we could end up in trouble over the season. One good halve like Maloney could solve a lot of problems.