What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Don't take those Tele numbers too seriously mate. Aside from Melb and the GC, all the other clubs have Leagues clubs and other investors picking up the "loss" portion.

Old Crimson cheeks conveniently left out that revenue in his hatchet job article

otori

Juniors
God I hate sites with 'slideshows' though at least this one doesn't make you constantly reload the page.

On topic, I would take Coote on a reasonable salary as I think he would be a perfect fullback if we're building a good side for the next three years or so. He's got playmaking and kicking ability to support the halves and he's a gamebreaker when he's on. Just got to hope his body stays together as he's injury prone.

League_God

Juniors
God I hate sites with 'slideshows' though at least this one doesn't make you constantly reload the page.

On topic, I would take Coote on a reasonable salary as I think he would be a perfect fullback if we're building a good side for the next three years or so. He's got playmaking and kicking ability to support the halves and he's a gamebreaker when he's on. Just got to hope his body stays together as he's injury prone.

I'm actually committed to at feeney at fullback at this stage. I think he could end up being great there.
I'd rather see us buy a boom forward or 2 and a Winger safer than uate and on 1/3 of his salary

perverse

Referee
From what I've seen of Feeney thus far in the pre-season, we may not need Coote. Hard to say no, but if Feeney looks to be a success this year, I don't see why we'd bother.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Says more about our shit sides since than rather than how good Coote is but yes, I think he'd be a cracking signing

It would be a terrific signing. We are in desperate need for either a fullback or centre.

However I was under the impression we have no cap space left. We get 80K for Tapine, but he was in our top 25 man team. Now he's gone, another junior will come into the top 25 and be on the same income. The only hope of getting Coote is to use the 80k towards his signing and somehow free up some more money to throw at him.

Noname36

First Grade
^ Brown and Midley have both said we have cap space left (how much I'm not sure). I was under the impression that we did have more than enough money to offer Tapine more to stay if we wanted to but Brown was against giving him way more than he's worth to keep him.

slotmachine

First Grade
We offered Tapine $366k a year, and that would have put us over the cap in 2017 with the current squad. Would have had to move some more players on.

Spot On

Coach
FFS our cap is a huge mess. Seriously overpaid players ( ya, ya I know we have to pay overs blah blah blah) who have won ....... a wooden spoon. Brown is going to have some very, very low moments at this club. I do not envy or under estimate the almost impossible job he faces doing something great here.

slotmachine

First Grade
3 of the 5 top paid players are off contract in 2016/17, so only 2 more seasons of pain. and no one is signed past 2018, so as long as brown is given 2 years he can sort it out somewhat

It is not like Browny can say to Aku and Mullo they are not getting a new deal after their current ones. It would lead to huge issues in the squad. I would be betting on them not getting a new deal anyway. NRL won't hasten the supposed WESTS takeover as they want us to be a profitable club before new owners takeover. Fair enough. As much as it pains Browny cannot be held accountable for the shit decisions made by his predecessors that have hamstrung him salary cap wise.

ryana87

Juniors
This is akus last year isn't it?...that's 500k.......plus the 360k we offered tapaine......that should more than cover coote