What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Bartwah

Juniors
Looks like we’re letting Starling go too. Fmd, I’m all for cutting the excess players, but god damn we better announce some signings soon or we’ll have a 20 man pre season squad

Spot On

Coach
You would think there will be a heap of signings come Nov 1 now. Cashed up, spots to fill and plenty being shown the door.

Bartwah

Juniors
November 1 is only the date that you can start negotiating with people for the 2020 season. Doesn’t affect us for next years squad

Yosh

Coach
Some quality names there. So hard to pick.. My top three would be:

1. Damien Cook
2. Dylan Napa
3. The Burgess Brothers

Are they all really available to be signed?

Spot On

Coach
Some props would be nice.

No point having Cook if we are obliterated every time we attempt to pump the ball forward.

It also sounds like the player manager contracts end on 1 November which could be a trigger point for some players to hold off if they are planning to change managers.

It sounded like TPJ wants to fire his current manager but the current manager has a contract until 1 November so if he signs with anyone before 1 November then his current manager gets a piece of the contract.

Spot On

Coach
It also sounds like the player manager contracts end on 1 November which could be a trigger point for some players to hold off if they are planning to change managers.

It sounded like TPJ wants to fire his current manager but the current manager has a contract until 1 November so if he signs with anyone before 1 November then his current manager gets a piece of the contract.

Yes, this has been part of the saga and reason he has only verbally comitted to Brisbane.

Spot On

Coach
Are we already writing 2019 off?

Without another 4 or so quality first grade players, especially up front, we most probably will not make the 8.

Can Brown keep his job after next season if that is the case or will the boss accept we have bugger all depth, ate still needing to recruit and our season hinges on the 'luck' of injuries - of which we have absolutely none?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Surely Brown has a few wheels spinning at the moment. We’ve basically gone from a position of pretty solid backline depth a month ago to basically having none now and if Brown didn’t feel confident of better replacements coming in he wouldn’t be letting Ross & Sio (and Denniss to a lesser extent) go elsewhere. I really hope we’re close with a few of these potential signings.

Here’s how I rate our depth at the moment:

Fullback - strong
Outside backs - poor
Halves - solid
Hooker - poor
Middle forwards - poor
Second row - solid

Imo the areas of greatest need at the moment are prop & hooker but another couple of outside backs would be very useful as well. C’mon Brown make it happen!

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Without another 4 or so quality first grade players, especially up front, we most probably will not make the 8.

Can Brown keep his job after next season if that is the case or will the boss accept we have bugger all depth, ate still needing to recruit and our season hinges on the 'luck' of injuries - of which we have absolutely none?

For mine it’s not so much about ladder position but more about wins/losses and defensive record. We won 9 games this year so I would expect us to win more next year. I’d also expect a big improvement in the defence, if we can be in the top half of the comp for defence that’ll go a long way to improving the W/L ratio.

Less than the above and we’ve underachieved and his job should be in question.