What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
Why so many apologists for Levi's shithouse attitude?

Everyone jumped on the rossdog when he asked for more money, Levi throws a tantrum and demands a release every 5 minutes but that's fine?
Every five minutes or once, I can take the knocks but let keep to facts, at no time have I heard that he made more than one "dummy spit" but I assume it fits your agenda, get on the bandwagon, the majority and make it up as you go and where are all these apologists.

Old dog

Juniors
Pretty sure the only Levi apologist on here is Old Dog
Everyone else thinks he's an entitled f**kwit and won't lose sleep if he leaves. I know I wont
Sorry to tell you this but I have never been apologetic to Levis actions but more hoped he learned and after discussions with coach has a different outlook. I suggested we need him as we have no suitable alternative although you may have. I even said that Segeyaro was better option than Mann because he could more likely replace Levi.
Interesting meaning "Moderator" it in some ways requires looking up.
Don't know what I did to get on wrong side of you but I don't like it

TooheysNew

Coach
Sorry to tell you this but I have never been apologetic to Levis actions but more hoped he learned and after discussions with coach has a different outlook. I suggested we need him as we have no suitable alternative although you may have. I even said that Segeyaro was better option than Mann because he could more likely replace Levi.
Interesting meaning "Moderator" it in some ways requires looking up.
Don't know what I did to get on wrong side of you but I don't like it
Don't try and bring the Moderator bullshit into it, mate. It has nothing to do with anything.

Bartwah

Juniors
Am I reading the article right? If he stays, we’re being forced to top up his contract? What am I missing?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Jees Brown must be pretty confident of getting a few NRL quality outside backs over the next few weeks. Ross being shopped around, Sio being low-balled into taking a Super League gig and pulling the offer to Denniss.

Not that I think we need to pander to Denniss or Sio but who is coming in to replace them? I would say Brown is taking a pretty big risk at this point. If these players end up elsewhere and we don’t sign anyone else then our backline stocks are looking very thin again.

I’d take Jennings because he’d be an upgrade on those guys anyway but we still need a couple more half-decent outside backs to pad out our squad.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I’m in shock that Ross is on 350k. I thought he was on around 220k-250k. That kind of money for a 30 year old winger with a minimal amount of first grade games is mind boggling.

I will say this about Ross though; I do feel people have been too hard on him this year. He has had a pretty serious injury this season and that will greatly affect anyone’s form. Next year he has the potential to be a regular first grade winger who excels in his position if he has an injury free year.

For the people who were saying that we should offer Sio an extra 30k, you are demonstrating a short memory. It’s that attitude that got us into this mess in the first place. If we offer him 30k more than intended, this may lead to us missing out on a quality first grader as that 30k may be what it takes them to get over the line and sign. I’d much rather spend that money to get a terrific prop over the line rather than spending it on a backup winger..

Burwood

Bench
Not sure if I’m the only one thinking it, but should SKD feel like he has one of the wing positions wrapped up in 2019?

If we were comparing 2018 SKD to 2017 Ross (when he wasn’t injured), I’d probably take Ross. He was consistently causing headaches for the opposition and was quite dangerous with the ball in hand. I feel like he has one or two good years left in him yet.

PhilGould

Bench
SKD is still one of the best outside backs in the NRL for tough runs out of our own end and can still finish off tries with the best of them when given the chance. He's obviously not the athlete that he used to be and could have lost even more speed by the start of the season but I'd be surprised if he's not in the round 1 team.

slotmachine

First Grade
SKD is probably the first outside back picked.

This year he was playing outside Watson and Sione, who never pass. Ponga was doing most of his magic on the left, so Sio prospered.

Yosh

Coach
SKD is safe has a house, strong bringing the ball out of our half and can finish well from both passes and kicks over the top. He is also good for one awesome screw up a game. I count three positives and one negative. SKD stays!

I was thinking recently how a lot of the young Melbourne players (Jehrome Hughes, Brodie Croft, Brandon Smith and others) seem to have been happier to stick around and bide there time in reserve grade compared with our younger players like Cogger, Lamb and Meaney. I guess the reward for hanging around there is coming into a premiership force and a hugely successful club.

Smith has had the opportunity to learn directly from probably the greatest hooker of all time, has had his future at Melbourne secured for the last 3 or so season.

Not defending Levi's attitude but he was thrown into a side that lost time and time and time again, got beaten around the park, didn't win a game until the Gold Coast game last year. Could have left the club sooner but stuck it out.

Pretty f**king unfair to compare the two.