What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Seage

Juniors
Buhrer defends okay, I'll give him that, but I'd love to know Brown's vision of him using him the way he does.

As also evidenced by Barnett and Josh King, he does love a plod forward. And yet we have to let a more explosive attacker like Herman go (although his head has been elsewhere this year).

Knight Vision

First Grade
Buhrer defends okay, I'll give him that, but I'd love to know Brown's vision of him using him the way he does.

As also evidenced by Barnett and Josh King, he does love a plod forward. And yet we have to let a more explosive attacker like Herman go (although his head has been elsewhere this year).
This is a huge concern. The Roosters, Storm, Rabbits must have lots of 3rd party deals. We cant match them on the field if we cant match them in 3rd parties.

Have a quick run through the Roosters squad, conservatively they would have 60% of the cap spent on 7 players. The only 3 ways they could assemble that squad is 1) 3rd party deals 2) everyone loves playing for them so much they play for half salary 3) theyre cheating...

.An all Origin quality spine including the world's best fullback. They have an Origin backrow, including the current NSW and Kangaroos captain, two Test centres, an English international on the wing, a former Origin winger on the other and two Kiwi front-row forward's.

Seage

Juniors
And yet, look at a club like Manly, who would have 80% of their cap in about 4 players, and the rest of the squad filled with absolute garbage - gunning for a top 4 spot.

So even without cheating the cap, its possible not to resemble a piss poor, mentally weak excuse for a football team.

I'm seeing Toohey replying on Twitter about a rumour of JB going to Toronto and saying it's still a possibility.
Buhrer?
I reckon he'd have Captain/Coach potential.

ryana87

Juniors
In a perfect world, what 5/8th could we afford (in this hypothetical, we could convince them to break contract if needed)

Maybe convince Tyrone Roberts to come back?... He goes alright at kicking?.... Blake green maybe?... Sam Williams/sezer? (would be mad to leave raiders)

Is Lachlan Lewis any good?

Frederick

Staff member
In a perfect world, what 5/8th could we afford (in this hypothetical, we could convince them to break contract if needed)

Maybe convince Tyrone Roberts to come back?... He goes alright at kicking?.... Blake green maybe?... Sam Williams/sezer? (would be mad to leave raiders)

Is Lachlan Lewis any good?
With Kyle Flanagan going to the roosters, Brock lamb should be available soon...............................
tenor.gif

Johns Magic

Referee
Not sure where to put this, but something extremely impressive when people are talking about who to poach and which club is over the salary cap signing stars etc.

The Storm are head and shoulders above every other team on the ladder this year.

Can anyone name one player in their entire top 30 who they recruited that was a genuine starting 13 player for the club they came from?

Closest would be Finucane who was on the Dogs bench more often than not.

RESPECT

Yosh

Coach
Not sure where to put this, but something extremely impressive when people are talking about who to poach and which club is over the salary cap signing stars etc.

The Storm are head and shoulders above every other team on the ladder this year.

Can anyone name one player in their entire top 30 who they recruited that was a genuine starting 13 player for the club they came from?

Closest would be Finucane who was on the Dogs bench more often than not.

RESPECT

I think I heard that they get some concessions because they are situated in Melbourne? I'm sure that helps but their management deserves a ton of credit.

I'm very confident out management has us going in the right direction. Our recruiting isn't really the issue anymore...

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think I heard that they get some concessions because they are situated in Melbourne? I'm sure that helps but their management deserves a ton of credit.

I'm very confident out management has us going in the right direction. Our recruiting isn't really the issue anymore...

Brown has managed to get recruitment right for the first time in a very long time at this club. The issue is getting this team to get and turn up with the same attitude and intensity week-in week-out. We had that magical 6 game run where we did this but we haven’t seen enough consistency since then.

Spot On

Coach
We still don't have a 6 or a 9 it would seem

Recruitment has a way to go yet it if that is the case. Levi and Watson have not done the job there.

The 9 will look clearer when the Brailey announcement is made.

Old dog

Juniors
Watson was brought here on promise? of 5/8 hasn’t worked out he goes good at 9 and ok at 1 although subject to errors whilst playing flat out no doubt puts in the effort. Because he and then Ponga didn’t work out we have tried others but not working, need a good 6 badly, Lino is not quite it but our best option at this time.

aqua_duck

Coach
Recruitment has been ok, for me the biggest concern by far is our ability to produce our own, we've got 3 players in our current team that have come through the grades, doesn't matter how well you recruit that's got to be complemented by good junior on cheap contracts. Every year we have at least 5-6 players make junior two teams by nsw under 16s, 18, 20s, Aus schoolboys etc but none of them seem to actually amount to much. Not sure what the problem is but it's very concerning especially for a club and town that pushes an ethos of locally produced talent

Seage

Juniors
Must be in the coaching as they transition out of 18s. We always dominate the dojo in SG Ball and Harold Matthews, but had about one or two good years in the Toyota Cup and one in Reserve Grade. A club like the Roosters, once they get them in their junior system converts them into first graders. We don't for some reason.

Yosh

Coach
Recruitment has been ok, for me the biggest concern by far is our ability to produce our own, we've got 3 players in our current team that have come through the grades, doesn't matter how well you recruit that's got to be complemented by good junior on cheap contracts. Every year we have at least 5-6 players make junior two teams by nsw under 16s, 18, 20s, Aus schoolboys etc but none of them seem to actually amount to much. Not sure what the problem is but it's very concerning especially for a club and town that pushes an ethos of locally produced talent

Don't we treat all the talented ones like crap and they leave?

Latest posts