What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Spot On

Coach
Be nice to have another half who can kick and pass.

Not sure on Croft's quality when Bellamy sees Hughes a better option in the Mlb halves.

Is he worried about him defensively??? Or inept and useless in attack? Or both??

Yosh

Coach
I like the idea of Sezer. We have Ponga, Brailey as half the spine. They both just starting out their NRL careers. If we add another 21 year old, that's 75% if the spine who are kids. Would be fine if our half was Cronk but it's Pearce. Would much rather another senior member in the spine.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I like the idea of Sezer. We have Ponga, Brailey as half the spine. They both just starting out their NRL careers. If we add another 21 year old, that's 75% if the spine who are kids. Would be fine if our half was Cronk but it's Pearce. Would much rather another senior member in the spine.
overall the team is severely lacking in experience and leaders. SKD gone, Guerra and Buhrer rarely sighted it leaves Pearce ( 276), Klemmer ( 134) and Glasby (131) as our most experienced players.

The issue of inexperience and lack of leadership could turn out to be our biggest issue and perhaps a large part of the reason for our shit season.

Last edited:

TooheysNew

Coach
I wouldn’t expect too much out of Sezer’s defence tbh and I don’t think he offers a lot more than Lino in attack either. I used to rate Sezer but he’s been pretty quiet over the last few years. Considering our club is already full of players who go missing when the going gets tough I can’t see Aiden Sezer fixing that problem.
His defence was pretty good last night.

Spot On

Coach
You worried he might not be able to handle a night out on the grog, get into a fight and break his leg in the pre season?

Or is it the success, or lack of, we had with our last exciting, young, talented centre in 2019 that turns you off?

TooheysNew

Coach
You worried he might not be able to handle a night out on the grog, get into a fight and break his leg in the pre season?

Or is it the success, or lack of, we had with oir last exciting young talented centre in 2019 that turns you off?
Neither of the above. Closer to the first, but I won't be posting it publicly.

ryana87

Juniors
Jack Bird apparently set to be cut loose by Broncos if a rival club offers him a deal

Surely he is worth a go to take a centre spot?...... Obviously not on the 800k broncos are paying him.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Jack Bird apparently set to be cut loose by Broncos if a rival club offers him a deal

Surely he is worth a go to take a centre spot?...... Obviously not on the 800k broncos are paying him.

Personally I'd say no thanks. We went after him before and his reasons for not coming are outlined in the article below:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2017/06/14/why-bird-knocked-back-knights/

He didn't want to play with us because we didn't have any quality. Based on that I don't think it's too much of a leap to say that he's the sort of player who will blame his teammates when things aren't going so well, instead of working harder and getting more involved in the play. In short, I think he's another Ramien.

Look at Joey's career ffs, he carried lots of sub-par quality in those Knights teams (more towards the latter part of his career) but still won us games. Let him go back to Cronulla with all the ego-driven players they have there so he's surrounded by the right "quality".

Burwood

Bench
A big no thanks to Bird- chasing expensive injury prone players should be the last thing we do.

We need guys to fill the lack of leadership in the team. I wish it was 12 months earlier and both Morris boys were available again. They are absolute quality.

Spot On

Coach
A big no thanks to Bird- chasing expensive injury prone players should be the last thing we do.

We need guys to fill the lack of leadership in the team. I wish it was 12 months earlier and both Morris boys were available again. They are absolute quality.

Re Morris boys...

That's how I felt when the Dogs let them go. They would have been unbelievable buys for us.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Re Morris boys...

That's how I felt when the Dogs let them go. They would have been unbelievable buys for us.

I agree. I’m surprised that Brown didn’t have a serious look at both of them when they were off contract. They wouldn’t have been demanding massive money at this stage of their career and they are both still really solid, can run, tackle and score a try or two.

I wouldn’t be against getting a couple of guys like that who are towards the back end of their careers and would come cheap and can fill those spots for a couple of years, pretty much like what we brought SKD here for.

I heard somewhere a while ago now that Alex Glenn isn’t in the Broncos’ long term plans. We could do way worse than getting him to fill the void in our second row or on the bench for a couple of years. He’s played 200+ games and is super consistent and has been part of a more professional set up for a long time. Wouldn’t be getting massive money either.

Also Penrith are trying to free up some cap space, maybe we could look at Dean Whare for the right centre spot? Very experienced and can tackle which is a big plus.

Anyway that’s just a couple of experienced guys that come to mind and I think that’s what we need.

Knight Vision

First Grade
definitely needs some experienced players at the club but hopefully ones that arent on the way out.

Ben Ikin has come out and said the Broncos need a play maker and named 5 guys to go after - Brodie Croft, Aidan Sezer, Sam Williams, Cody Walker, Chad Townsend, and Blake Austin

We should be looking at 1 of these guys also. But which one can we afford? Brody Croft for mine, young , could develop and wouldnt cost the earth, or as I mentioned before Sezer.

Joey has come out and said the Broncos need to get Sezer......

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...r/news-story/5a6b9b2dab8270be0d1f131e941a07e5

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
I'd be surprised if the Broncs put all their eggs in Sezer's basket.

He'd go alright with an actual playmaker but surely Ikin didn't mean that Aiden would be the team's no 1 playmaker???

Loose Cannon

Bench
We should be looking at 1 of these guys also. But which one can we afford? Brody Croft for mine, young , could develop and wouldnt cost the earth, or as I mentioned before Sezer.

Croft would be my first pick too. Saw plenty of potential when he first appeared in first grade. Think he is the best match available for Pearce.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I'd be surprised if the Broncs put all their eggs in Sezer's basket.

He'd go alright with an actual playmaker but surely Ikin didn't mean that Aiden would be the team's no 1 playmaker???
we only need a side kick, a good reliable playmaker to steer the team if Pearce is out or goes missing in a game. Only the greats can be up for every game and Pearce is good but not great.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Croft would be my first pick too. Saw plenty of potential when he first appeared in first grade. Think he is the best match available for Pearce.

I would be very wary of a player who doesn’t even look good in the Storm system. If he doesn’t prosper in that environment with the players he has around him then I can’t see him being too flash in our team.

Latest posts