What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Alex28

Coach
The bloke wants over a million a year and he hates Newcastle. f**k that.
Yeah, I remember what a young, immature debutant said about a club that didn’t sign him too.

He’s the best centre in the game and we are losing Ponga in a few years. Who is better that’s coming along that might actually be possible?

Yeah, I remember what a young, immature debutant said about a club that didn’t sign him too.

He’s the best centre in the game and we are losing Ponga in a few years. Who is better that’s coming along that might actually be possible?

Are we now? Thanks for your physic insight

Latrell would be another lazy, much more expensive Ramien.

Frederick

Staff member
I'd say it's resigning Hunt going by "The Hunt continues" in the video
giphy.gif

Knight Vision

First Grade
Latrell could go either way, could be great or could be just another player that could have been. Sounds like a high maintenance fella and wants huge money.

If he leaves the Rorters he'll be half the player he is right now because he wont be playing in a team chock full of internationals every week.

We need a good half to play alongside Pearce and a dynamic backrower before we need Latrell Mitchell, but before that we need some 3rd parties to compete with the sombrero's.

Knight Vision

First Grade
High risk but high reward if it did work out well.

Could be worth to at least to have a look at it. If he really does want to be closer to family we could get him at a good price. Would NOT be paying anywhere near 1 million for him though.[/QUOTE]

I reckon stick with what we've got and look at options when we first get rid of Levi, Lino and Mann and when others come off contract at the end of the year.
We've got Lee, Hunt, Moga and Best in the backs with Toa claimed to be very close. There's that young guy on an assessment/training deal.
Crossland a possibility for 5/8 if he has a good pre-season. Watson is there to fill. Mann hasn't worked out and is excess but you never know.
Clean a few out and we can look further. We've got young guys who are claimed to be ready.

But will we win a Premiership next year with the backline we now have? I'm pretty keen on winning another one before I die.
While I'd agree there are positions we might need to attend to if some of the guys we have don't work out, I don't think the key for us to get anywhere is to throw players at the team.
The key is to for the experienced players to grow a heart. We have players quite capable of grooming the younger guys if they perform consistently themselves.
Give the young guys a go I reckon. We'd have time to assess how we are going during the season. Risk of not doing it sooner is that we lose them and they go on to play better elsewhere. We lose them partly because the team around them wasn't performing.

Alex28

Coach
Are we now? Thanks for your physic insight

Latrell would be another lazy, much more expensive Ramien.
So, don’t have any answers?

If we lose Ponga - and I reckon he’s pretty much off to rugby - and we don’t have a replacement the calibre of Mitchell, we aren’t getting close to a premiership for another decade.

He’s like a better Owen Craigie.

Yosh

Coach
So, don’t have any answers?

If we lose Ponga - and I reckon he’s pretty much off to rugby - and we don’t have a replacement the calibre of Mitchell, we aren’t getting close to a premiership for another decade.

He’s like a better Owen Craigie.

You're making one hell of a lot of assumptions there. Ponga to Rugby is already done deal is it?