What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Vision

First Grade
Please let it be so. He's worth gold to the club in more ways than just on field playing ability.

5 more years will put him smack bang in the middle of his prime and with a good team around him glory days for us.

Frizell confirmed and Watson to re-sign :)

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/7b060907cd76b8c41984bd690ca9b316

Tyson Frizell’s move from St George Illawarra to Newcastle confirmed by NRL

St George Illawarra’s misery has deepened after star backrower Tyson Frizell’s move to Newcastle for 2021 was confirmed by the NRL.

Matt Logue, The Daily Telegraph

Subscriber only

|

June 3, 2020 4:53pm

DAILYTELEGRAPH.COM.AU6

Forget about backflips or deals being called off, Tyson Frizell’s contract with Newcastle has been approved by the NRL.

Frizell agreed to a three-year $2.1 million deal with the Knights in late March, but the deal, revealed by The Daily Telegraph, is yet to be officially announced.
The Daily Telegraph revealed the Origin back-rower’s signing when the NRL had suspended all contract negotiations during the competition’s shutdown.

This prompted furious league fans to question how a deal for 2020 and beyond could be done when there was an official hiatus on new player contracts.
Frizell took to Twitter to confirm his Knights deal, saying: “I have signed and agreed to the terms but due to the current circumstances it has not been registered with the NRL.

“With respect to the media and fans, I would like to make no further comment on my contract until an appropriate time.”
Dragons coach Paul McGregor left the door open for Frizell to stay at the club in an interview in April.
“I’m not sure whether that contract has been registered yet or how that goes, but he’s always welcome to stay if he likes,” McGregor said.

Despite McGregor’s optimism, Dragons officials always knew that Frizell was set on leaving for Newcastle.
The NRL have since approved the deal and official confirmation via Knights is expected in the coming days.
In more good news for Newcastle, the Knights will re-sign Connor Watson despite the hooker going down with a leg injury against Penrith.
Watson is expected to be sidelined for six to eight weeks, but the Knights are keen to retain him on a long-term deal.
Frizell is a Test and Origin regular. AAP Image/Dan Himbrechts.
The playmaker’s manager Clinton Schifcofske confirmed Newcastle’s interest.
“We’ve been talking to the Knights for a couple of months now,” Schifcofske said.
“Everything (contract wise) went quiet with everyone, but Newcastle have always shown an interest in re-signing him.
“Connor’s preference is to stay there, so I don’t see any dramas.”
Watson’s injury is a blow for the Knights, but Schifcofske is confident his client can return ahead of schedule.
“He will be back in six weeks and he will be good as gold,” he said.
“He is having surgery on Thursday and they can knock over that surgery in six weeks these days.
“He will have plenty of opportunity to get back into the team.
“It (the injury) is disappointing, but it is what it is.
“Connor is also as professional as they come, so he will look after himself and get back as quickly as he can.”

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
I wish the best for Watto, but i feel as if this is a move to keep Ponga happy more than anything, he legit hasn’t shown a natural starting position, is injury prone and will basically be a 600k bench player.

Knight Vision

First Grade
great news, our pack will be a force to be reckoned with

Klemmernator ( The God King )
Brailey
DSaf
Friz
Barny
Herman

Bring it on already. ....still think we are a good 5/8 away from making a tilt at the title. History has shown Pearce cant do it on his own.

Watson is a great move, I see the utility role as a part of the spine these days. Very important. Although he doesnt have a kicking game or a great passing game he is lightening fast and fit. Still only a young fella and his best days are ahead.

Just hope we didnt pay too much and these injuries are just bad luck

Very skeptical regarding the Watson resigning, especially if it is on more than 450-500k. He's one more major injury away from making the club look very silly in retaining him. Handy player for sure but the guy literally cannot stay on the field and it hurts us dearly.

Yosh

Coach
I wish the best for Watto, but i feel as if this is a move to keep Ponga happy more than anything, he legit hasn’t shown a natural starting position, is injury prone and will basically be a 600k bench player.

You sure he is on 600k?

He is a great option, if not the premier option off the bench in the comp. If the interchange is further reduced players like Watson will be in high demand. Also, the six again rule was made for players like Watson.

Injuries are a concern but hopefully he gets over them as his body gets more accustomed to the rigors of first grade.

Clinton Schifcofske was one of my favorite players before. The one QLDer I didn't hate.

Yosh

Coach
Because 19 year old 200cm, 110kg winger with speed don't grow on trees

Don't want to sound to critical but they sorta do?
I'm assuming the kid also wants some premium dollars but I would much rather add that money to another star forward or look to upgrade our 6.

If the lad wants a chance to prove himself on minimum contract, then I'm all for it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Don't want to sound to critical but they sorta do?
I'm assuming the kid also wants some premium dollars but I would much rather add that money to another star forward or look to upgrade our 6.

If the lad wants a chance to prove himself on minimum contract, then I'm all for it.
Who are these mythical wingers you're talking about? Saab could be anything but having said that I wouldn't break the bank for him