What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Choppy91

Juniors
A friend who knows him reasonably well got him to record and send me a bday message via video (Not a cameo lol). He threw that info in knowing I was a Newy supporter. It's probably himself lol

Jono078

Referee
Even without this speculation of moving to France coming so soon after this season, it was always going to be a battle to have his mind on the job when he was only on a 1-year deal.

We tried to get best of both worlds as a club (by not committing further and also not saying thanks but no thanks to an extension) and I think it has backfired now.

macavity

Referee
Pearce deal will free up 750 k according to Andrew Webster.

Hard to argue with much of that.

We really are a bit threadbare when he goes though. Relying on Clune or moving Ponga doesn't fill me with confidence.

slotmachine

First Grade
We're going to miss his competitiveness most of all.

No one else in the squad gets them to have a consistent go.

Brailey/KP/Dan aren't the answer there either.

Spot On

Coach
We're going to miss his competitiveness most of all.

No one else in the squad gets them to have a consistent go.

Brailey/KP/Dan aren't the answer there either.

Sad state of affairs if the entire club had to rely on Pearce as that type of leader and there is not a player able to fill that role.

We have blokes playing rep footy with plenty of experience under the belt now.

Surely a few step up to the plate.

Spot On

Coach
Hard to argue with much of that.

We really are a bit threadbare when he goes though. Relying on Clune or moving Ponga doesn't fill me with confidence.

That article, although on the money, could have been written 12 months ago, or longer, and been extremely accurate looking at his form in 2020.

I don’t see any problem having Clune or Ponga match what Pearce did with the ball or when running it. None at all.

For some reason, supporters were praising Pearce’s running game???? Said Clifford would free him up to carve up???? He offered nothing to our side when running the ball, no threat whatsoever. And ran it at the wrong times as well.

Loose Cannon

Bench
He offered nothing to our side when running the ball, no threat whatsoever. And ran it at the wrong times as well.
And his 40 yard dash almost broke the 3 minute mark.

It is interesting all the media reports are suggesting “he” is admitting not being capable of the game at NRL speed.

Barry Toohey did a spot on 2HD this morning, and among the possible outcomes, suggested the Knights have indicated they would not be offering for 2023. It was nice to hear it.

Anyway, if he does get the offer, good luck to him. Release from here is in everybody’s best interest.

Spot On

Coach
Agreed.

Absolutely nothing left to prove in the NRL.

If the 3 yrs at Catalans is available then take it and enjoy the lifestyle. A no brainer.

Good luck to him.

Burwood

Bench
The good news is that we don’t need to replace his leadership with a half- I don’t see why we can’t fill his playmaking from within the squad, and then put that extra money to really good use and buy someone who can provide those other things that we’ll miss with Pearce.

Secondly, what is the go with AOB’s quote about wanting to extend Pearce?

“Mitchell will be with us next year and we won’t be releasing him. We’ll be looking to tie him down for another one after that.”
That is blatantly not true. They could have given him a second year at any stage. You don’t sign someone for a year and then a few months later talk about how much you want to tie them down for another year on top of that. Makes no sense at all.

Tom155

Coach
A friend who knows him reasonably well got him to record and send me a bday message via video (Not a cameo lol). He threw that info in knowing I was a Newy supporter. It's probably himself lol
looks like it is, can someone who is able post the article?

Yosh

Coach
Very happy Joey is returning. I just hope he doesn't get any say with recruitment because he loves Hoy's dad...

Jono078

Referee
Excellent!

jury still out for Joey as a coach but there’s no doubt his knowledge is second to none and he understands the modern game!

I think he could do wonders for Clifford and Clifford would be the type to soak it all in.

Also interesting to see what he could do for Ponga.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Joey taking the spot to get Tex the 6.
🤣🤣🤣

TBF, Not against that being trialled exclusively in Reggies, if Johns believes what he has said for 2 years.