What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

macavity

Referee
Heatherington is on our bench.

The likes of Sue, Saulo and Moimoisea aren’t getting another run I reckon. Right down the pecking order.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Elliott and Hetherington are a lot better depth than we have at present. The assumption they will walk into the 17 is wide of the mark. But a scenario where we have injuries and our B backrow is Elliott, Hetherington and Croker is a lot better than the shit depth we have now. Fitzgibbon would make way for all three of them. So that is already a huge step up.

General Knight

Juniors
Do we know what sort of money we are offering Hetherington and co? Hopefully the money is right. Bench/reserve players at most but they are alot better than our current bench/reserve players.

PhilGould

Bench
3 year offer for Hetherington according to the Telegraph. Nothing on $$ offered but says he's currently on $500k at the Dogs. I'd take that with a grain of salt, seems very high.

Spot On

Coach
The info provided was the amount he is reportedly on at the Dogs. So the Hages comment is null and void at this stage.

If you are so offended by that contract then surely you can't f**king stand some of the blokes we have running out for us each week. Not many earning anywhere near the amount they take home.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Of course I'm unhappy with the performance of most of the squad.

That doesn't justify spending half a mil - assuming he isn't looking for a paycut to join such high flyers as us - on a guy who should be our 6th middle if he signed. On an edge he's not better than Fitz. We need troops for sure, but this ain't it.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Frizell signed on for what was reported as 600K

Mann was reported as 550K contract before last

Klemmer is reported as 800K

If the above is correct plus Ponga and we have over 3 million a season locked up in those 4 players. What's the cap ? 9 million?

SamSepi0l

Juniors
I really wish they'd just make contracts public. Would end a lot of garbage. Even the 500k figure I'm baulking at is likely wide of the mark.

Spot On

Coach
Of course I'm unhappy with the performance of most of the squad.

That doesn't justify spending half a mil - assuming he isn't looking for a paycut to join such high flyers as us - on a guy who should be our 6th middle if he signed. On an edge he's not better than Fitz. We need troops for sure, but this ain't it.

Mostly agree with you here. And they are good points. But his ranking in our middles lineup is also dependent on the form of currently contracted players. And quite frankly, they are not up to starting - bar Klem. That's not to say they don't deserve to start when in form but they are taking this piss this season.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
Agree mate. I know I'm more critical of him than most here but having been made to watch every game, I am the furthest thing from a fan of his. If we got him at 350 and he's a depth player then sure. His upside is basically already realised imo. What you've seen is what you'll get.
We also must self assess and right now can't honestly say we're a team that should take on project players thinking we'll change them.