What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Gravy

Juniors
Jesus Christ Canberra...lol.

Did Ricky still think he was at the Roosters and working under uncle Nick's salary cap?

The 3 I would love to have are Paulo, Boyd or Wighton and there's no way they will let any of them go.

Not fussed on Soliola, good player but just don't need him and BJ get get f####d

Spot On

Coach
IIRC Wighton is on $700k+. I would give him $400k max to play centre for us.

I'd have Wighton as a centre/winger in a heartbeat but surely he IS NOT on 700K (or more) a year. Cant' be correct?

Then again, Tapine was given 40 million so who knows.

PhilGould

Bench
I'd have Wighton as a centre/winger in a heartbeat but surely he IS NOT on 700K (or more) a year. Cant' be correct?

Then again, Tapine was given 40 million so who knows.
I probably read that in a Mole or Lurker article so take it with a grain of salt. They did view him as their long-term fullback though so I'm sure he's being paid well.

Old dog

Bench
Don't forget that some of the ex Knights at raiders may have left due to the system etc and maybe we hate them due only to them leaving, if they improve our side should we not embrace the possible return. We seem to hate any player who leaves or appears to be over paid I think because we have had more than a few bad years.
Let's just get the best side we can that will work for each other with the aim to improving and winning the comp, that goes for past and present players.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Don't forget that some of the ex Knights at raiders may have left due to the system etc and maybe we hate them due only to them leaving, if they improve our side should we not embrace the possible return. We seem to hate any player who leaves or appears to be over paid I think because we have had more than a few bad years.
Let's just get the best side we can that will work for each other with the aim to improving and winning the comp, that goes for past and present players.

So u want Leulia back?

Spot On

Coach
It's only an attitude and discipline thing for me Old Dog.

BJ could have been anything - we've seen glimpses of that but I doubt he'll ever have the right attitude or discipline, long term, to maintain top form. You need only look at the change of body shape over last season. He piled the weight on again. Once that starts, he goes to shiiiiiite.

And that has been the pattern of his career so far.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench
Fox Sports reporting 19 year old Pasami Saulo is close to inking a new deal until the end of 2020, which is great news. I think he's even more impressive a prospect than the Saifiti's were at the same age. Spent most of the season going against full grown men in NSW Cup and was almost always one of the best props on field, and in the few u/20's games he played he was completely dominant.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Only if he will improve the squad both as a player and person, he is a position we need but based on everything, probably not
That's the key with most people's argument against him coming back. BJ is a wonderful athlete but unfortunately that's where his positives end. His attitude is the type that Brown is trying to steer clear of and for good reason. He's also dumber than a box of spanners on the field

PhilGould

Bench
“Mitchell Pearce is the current NSW halfback and he’s an outstanding player,” Brown told the Newcastle Herald.

“I think if he was to become available, we’d be silly as a club not to at least entertain the thought of trying to sit down and have a talk with him.

“We’ve made quite clear our desire to bring in an experienced half to work with Brock [Lamb] and Connor [Watson] and Kalyn [Ponga], and Mitchell Pearce is a player who certainly has had a very, very good career.

“He’s 28, and if you look at the best halves in the game, Cronk and [Johnathan] Thurston, and those guys are 32 and 33.

“So you would think his best years are ahead of him.

“He’d certainly be a player, who if he became available, we’d be mad not to try and have a conversation with him.”

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/5013296/knights-keen-to-give-pearce-a-chance/?src=rss

Dave_

Juniors
That's the key with most people's argument against him coming back. BJ is a wonderful athlete but unfortunately that's where his positives end. His attitude is the type that Brown is trying to steer clear of and for good reason. He's also dumber than a box of spanners on the field
No no...BlowJob is a wonderful Fathlete

Joel-22

Juniors
Pearce would be an interesting signing. I don't think he's what we need but it could work. I'd start to head in this direction:

1.Ponga
6.Lamb
7.Pearce
9.Levi

14.Watson

Looks very dynamic

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
Lamb back to reserves and Pearce starting half with Watson.

Pearce would be an excellent signing. I don’t want to lose lamb but hope he would stay for it.

Alex28

Coach
Pearce would be an interesting signing. I don't think he's what we need but it could work. I'd start to head in this direction:

1.Ponga
6.Lamb
7.Pearce
9.Levi

14.Watson

Looks very dynamic
That has zero chance of happening, unless Watson’s form has been absolutely terrible, or he’s coming back from injury.

Watson starts over Lamb every time.

Joel-22

Juniors
That has zero chance of happening, unless Watson’s form has been absolutely terrible, or he’s coming back from injury.

Watson starts over Lamb every time.

I rate Lamb as a genuine half ahead of Watson. I genuinely believe Lamb has a much higher ceiling. Only time will tell

I get the feeling Watson will be a flop in the halves and will actually be our longterm fullback where he has shown he can make 200m+ regularly.

1.Watson
6.Ponga
7.Lamb

in 2019

Old dog

Bench
Could we entertain Pearce, Watson, Lamb and Levi rotating each week in the 6, 7 & 9 positions, playing possibly 60 minutes each or thereabouts depending on game situation.
So one starts on the bench with 2 props and utility/back rower.
Means Buhrer doesn't cover hooker and Griffin is hooker reserve grade unless we have injuries, just a thought/idea, open for discussion.
Don't think we will actually get Pearce, dreaming

Latest posts