What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Club has already said lee isn't getting a new deal. I think he's played his last game for us
Bit of a shame really. I think he’s been pretty good when on the field but he’s played probably about 20 games all up in almost 3 seasons at the club which just isn’t value for money. I think we need to move on and look at other options.

Some people mentioned Nene McDonald but I don’t see that happening. He was a weapon at the Dragons but has disappeared off the radar since then, seems like there were some off field issues that hampered his performance and surely if he’s good enough he would have been back in first grade by now.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bit of a shame really. I think he’s been pretty good when on the field but he’s played probably about 20 games all up in almost 3 seasons at the club which just isn’t value for money. I think we need to move on and look at other options.

Some people mentioned Nene McDonald but I don’t see that happening. He was a weapon at the Dragons but has disappeared off the radar since then, seems like there were some off field issues that hampered his performance and surely if he’s good enough he would have been back in first grade by now.
Nene has had some mental health issues and isn't someone who should be our starting winger round 1 next year but as a minimum wage depth option I think he'd be handy, as you mentioned he was a weapon a few years ago, it's not like he's 32 and over the hill, he's 27

Haffa

The way things have been going lately we will sign all those priorities and they’ll spend 20 games out injured

Knight Tales

Juniors
Nene has had some mental health issues and isn't someone who should be our starting winger round 1 next year but as a minimum wage depth option I think he'd be handy, as you mentioned he was a weapon a few years ago, it's not like he's 32 and over the hill, he's 27
Truly sorry to hear about Nene’s
Mental health issues. It makes sense that he would struggle for form cos his ability has never been in doubt. I hope he is ok and getting the help he requires.
It will be interesting to see who is on our shortlist. I get the impression the club is waiting on other team’s cap pressures to play themselves out before we make a call. A class winger may become available. If we had the money to sign Staggs, then you can assume our cap is in decent shape.

Last edited:

Yosh

Coach
I've heard the opposite.
Wow really?

So are we going with Clifford/Crossland in the halves or Clifford/Ponga in the halves?

Excited to see a Clifford/Ponga combine in the halves with Hodgson playing fullback but seems premature. Crossland has been good so I'm happy to see him cement his position also.

Apey

Staff member
Pearce extended until the end of 2022. Doubt he will be here after that. Shouldn't be anyway.

Jono078

Referee
I heard TPJ is an interest now, after the club initially denied. Obviously just a rumor.

I don't see why we would extend Pearce after recently re-signing him, it would be extremely stupid and pre-mature. Only thing I can think of is the Sharks have offered him 2-3 years if they can get him now and that's causing some drama for us.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I heard TPJ is an interest now, after the club initially denied. Obviously just a rumor.

I don't see why we would extend Pearce after recently re-signing him, it would be extremely stupid and pre-mature. Only thing I can think of is the Sharks have offered him 2-3 years if they can get him now and that's causing some drama for us.
So you think the club is not being upfront about their interest in TPJ?

macavity

Referee

Hope you are right. He can be a bit loose but in a good pack and disciplined environment he could be the best back rower in the game.

Knight Tales

Juniors
TPJ is X factor and with that you take the risk cos they are notoriously inconsistent. That is the beauty of them. They can pull a game out of their arse with an insane play or cost you a game with a head explosion. But they are never just middle of the road.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
A few years ago I wouldn’t have been keen on Oates given his price tag would have been inflated however he’s been in and out of first grade over the last couple of seasons and hasn’t been playing rep footy either so we could probably get him fairly cheap. I still think he’s got plenty to offer at NRL level, talent like his doesn’t just disappear. Also given how much of a basket case Brisbane have been it wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted a new start somewhere else.

Latest posts