What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I can’t believe there’s a club out there that actually wants to sign Tex Hoy. He must have been the worst player to play NRL this year.

Jono078

Referee
No real news there but glad to see he's back training.

Hope he can get back to his previous form because it'd be a huge improvement to a big weakness in the team.

Knight Tales

Juniors
I hope Eddie stays fit. While it is great for us as far as cap management goes, he is just a very genuine and decent man. He also happens to be a talented winger. Hoping if we don’t keep him the Dolphins offer him a big deal to finish his career with. He deserves it.

Jono078

Referee
I'm honestly not against it.

The kid has talent but has never really lived up to it consistently.

Excited to see what a fresh start for him does, playing behind a good forward pack and along side Ponga and Clifford... All whilst Joey is drilling them.

There's cautious optimism in it for me.

Jono078

Referee
Here's a good question... Is he better than Mitchell Pearce?

Their 2021 stats for comparison;

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.47.34 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.47.48 am.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 11.48.00 am.png

On averages they're very similar. Is Brooks a goal kicking option too?

Johns Magic

Referee
Here's a good question... Is he better than Mitchell Pearce?

Their 2021 stats for comparison;

View attachment 55650View attachment 55651View attachment 55652

On averages they're very similar. Is Brooks a goal kicking option too?

Not to stick up for Brooks but he was playing behind a much worse pack than Pearce which should be factored in.

Our biggest gripe was not being able to convert with the field position we had and sets of six

Woosh

Head Moderator
Always rated Brooks a much better talent than Moses coming through the juniors.
He should’ve left the Tigers a long time ago, his development has suffered as a result.

drizzy drake

Juniors
Not against it although I was hoping to shift Ponga to 6. I guess Hodgson isn’t close.
Only bit in the article that pisses me off in the article is that a reason we are signing him is that Brooks shares the same manager as AOB. Wow what a brilliant reason to sign him.

Alex28

Coach
Brooks ain’t the problem at the Tigers. He definitely has the talent, we have a better squad to put around him and arguably better coaches to help him fulfil that potential.

Get him here!

drizzy drake

Juniors
Is any 19 year old kid with 4 games of reserve grade in Australia close?

I guess this is also some insurance against Ponga deciding he wants to play tiddlywinks in Mongolia or whatever.
True probably not the right choice of words but I guess some teenagers are still able to be thrown in the deep end. I’d just rather shift Ponga now but if it’s Hodgson and Toa as the remaining fullbacks then yeah it’s pretty bare lol