What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
Am I the only one who thinks Burton is an average half? He's got a huge boot on him, but other than that a lot of his ball-playing seems very premeditated and nothing seems instinctive. Good ball-runner though but even that seemed more effective in the centres.
I think complete opposite. I thinks he’s capable of reading the game very well.

He had some wonderful games when he replaced Cleary over the last 2 years.

Bulldogs are a hot mess and he’s suffering.

If there’s a young half to take a punt on I’d love for it to be Burton. I feel the Dolphins will throw plenty his way and Wayne Bennet factor would entice him there.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Am I the only one who thinks Burton is an average half? He's got a huge boot on him, but other than that a lot of his ball-playing seems very premeditated and nothing seems instinctive. Good ball-runner though but even that seemed more effective in the centres.
we certainly arent exactly in a golden age for halves that's for sure.

I suppose they're emerging from the robotic set play of the Cronk era and hit smack in the face with Vlandy ball and more ad lib footy.

aqua_duck

Coach
It was some of his best for sure but still chaotic and inconsistent. If we're going to see the best of Cliff here, I think it comes when Brailey is playing 90% of games and with a better halves partner than Clune.
would happily take chaotic and inconsistent to one dimensional and consistently poor

aqua_duck

Coach
I think complete opposite. I thinks he’s capable of reading the game very well.

He had some wonderful games when he replaced Cleary over the last 2 years.

Bulldogs are a hot mess and he’s suffering.

If there’s a young half to take a punt on I’d love for it to be Burton. I feel the Dolphins will throw plenty his way and Wayne Bennet factor would entice him there.
In regards to Burton I think he's got some elite tools but his long kicking game and left foot step are so much better than other parts of his game that he's abit one dimensional at the moment. If you compare him to Luai, Luai has alot more variety to his game at the moment which makes it much harder to game plan against

Yosh

Coach
I think Burton is good enough to be a top 3-5 half in the next couple of years. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Even if he really turns out average, that's still an up grade for us because all our halves are bottom tier.

Knight Tales

Juniors
NRL 360 saying we are looking closely at signing Jack Hetherington. That lad is a beast. The issue is he is a judiciary magnet.

Jono078

Referee
NRL 360 saying we are looking closely at signing Jack Hetherington. That lad is a beast. The issue is he is a judiciary magnet.
The Bulldogs front rower?

We don’t need him! Another dickhead to boot on top of Adam Elliott.

Not liking these latest recruitment names.

SamSepi0l

Juniors
This doesnt make sense unless we are looking to move on 1 of Klem, Dsaf, Jsaf, Thompson or Croker

Id not want to swap any of them for Hetherington
He is one of the slowest players in the comp and one dimensional at that. One of the last players in the comp we should be targeting.

Jono078

Referee
Look he’s not an awful player but he’s not what we need. You could say he replaces Barnetts aggression which we do need, but we need an edge forward or lock if anything.

Yosh

Coach
Look he’s not an awful player but he’s not what we need. You could say he replaces Barnetts aggression which we do need, but we need an edge forward or lock if anything.

Wishful thinking but maybe the Kikau deal goes up in smoke. I would throw my kitchen sink and all to sign Kikau and Burton from the doggies.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Ok. Who do we go after? Cos we need realistic targets.
not who but what positions - a marquee signing in a spine position is a must have 1) half or 2) hooker that can stay on the field.

EDIT - 1) Munster 2) anyone in SL worth a look? 3) Burton

*interested to see how Milf goes and if we could keep him

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Hahaha, letting a guy with a questionable judiciary record go and bring in a guy with an even more questionable judiciary record.

Latest posts