What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woosh

Head Moderator
Bulldogs prop Jack Hetherington and Brisbane centre Herbie Farnworth have emerged alongside Raiders forward Adam Elliott as the latest Knights recruitment targets.

Coach Adam O'Brien and recruitment boss Clint Zammit met with Hetherington's manager Allan Gainey yesterday morning in Newcastle to discuss the controversial prop's future.

Hetherington seems certain to leave the Dogs at the end of the season with the Knights, Wests Tigers and Dragons touted as likely potential destinations.

A Valentine junior, Hetherington's wife is from Newcastle which could put the Knights in the box seat to snare him.

While he has a poor suspension history, there is no doubt he would add some much-needed steel and firepower to Newcastle's forward pack.

According to reports out of Brisbane, the Knights are one of four clubs bidding for Farnworth's signature while Elliott will decide in the coming days whether he is moving to the Knights to link up with his girlfriend Millie Boyle or remaining at the Canberra Raiders.

The Raiders have upped the ante to retain Elliott with the financial component believed to be more than what the Knights are offering.

Young Poms coming
An official confirmation may be some time away but take it as read young English stars Kai Pearce-Paul and Will Pryce will be joining countrymen Dom Young and Bailey Hodgson at the Knights.

Whether it's next year or 2024 will hinge on their English clubs agreeing to release them from the final year of their contracts.

The Knights have beaten as many as five NRL clubs including the Dolphins to snare backrower Pearce-Paul, who has been likened to a young Sonny Bill Williams in England.

Dolphins coach Wayne Bennett publicly conceded this week his bid to sign Pearce-Paul had failed, confirming the 21-year-old is headed to the Knights.

Pay claims trashed
Newcastle Knights have rubbished media reports the club forked out $200,000 to poach NRLW stars Tamika Upton and Millie Boyle from the Brisbane Broncos.

It was claimed the Knights had "blown the Broncos out of the water" with six-figure offers for both girls which Brisbane weren't prepared to match. We understand the actual figure is closer to half that - around $50,000 each. Not surprisingly, the original report emanated out of Brisbane.

We're told money was not the primary reason for the recruitment coup. Upton was blown away by not only the facilities at the Centre of Excellence when she was brought down to Newcastle for a look around but the opportunity she would be given to improve her game.

Recruitment boss Clint Zammit arranged for her to spend time with NRL coach Adam O'Brien and Danny Buderus and she was shown video coaching clips by Blake Green. She went back to Brisbane and decided within days to make the move.

There was one proviso - she asked if she could bring her best friend and regular housemate with her - Millie Boyle.

Farnworth is playing the best footy of his career this season as a centre but came through mainly as a winger. Could view him as a replacement and big upgrade on Edrick. Maybe he wants to join the English revolution in Newcastle. Definitely not for $600k though, I doubt any team will give him that.
Dolphins certainly will and it's where he'll end up imo.

Old dog

Juniors
Wonder if Croker and Thompson are considered mainly due to poor performances from Saf’s, Saulo and Sue.
I think they are both playing well and deserve consideration, Croker more than Thompson who will get better with the experience

Frederick

Staff member
1. Hodgson
2. Young
3. Pryce
4. Gagai
5. Farnworth
6. Ponga
7. Clifford
8. Klem
9. Brailey
10. Dsaf
11. Friz
12. KPP
13. Croker

14. Milf
15. Jsaf
16. Leo
17. Hetherington

I can dig it. If Friz leaves could slot Best into that role

ryan.a87

Juniors
1. Hodgson
2. Young
3. Pryce
4. Gagai
5. Farnworth
6. Ponga
7. Clifford
8. Klem
9. Brailey
10. Dsaf
11. Friz
12. KPP
13. Croker

14. Milf
15. Jsaf
16. Leo
17. Hetherington

Missing Elliott, but looks great

Knight Tales

Juniors
1. Hodgson
2. Young
3. Pryce
4. Gagai
5. Farnworth
6. Ponga
7. Clifford
8. Klem
9. Brailey
10. Dsaf
11. Friz
12. KPP
13. Croker

14. Milf
15. Jsaf
16. Leo
17. Hetherington

Plenty of points in that side.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
The problem at the moment is we have 4 first grade front row spots and exactly 4 (arguably) first grade quality players to fill them

we have no competition for spots and no injury cover
yep those boys need to be fighting tooth and nail to retain their spot EVERY WEEK.

Perform or find another club

Spot On

Coach
hes actually been clocked as one of the fastest forwards in the NRL, had a max speed of 36.1km last year which is right up there with many outside backs, his mobility us why the dogs moved him to the edge this year. I'd imagine they see him as a direct replacement for Barnett as a hot headed forward who can play middle and edge

Yes, I don't know where this bs about Hetherington being one of the slowest forwards in the comp comes from. That's just absolute garbage.

The bloke has aggression and an offload. He's f**king hard to put on the ground.

The one issue is the time on the sideline.

But he can play a role if coached to do so and our pack and middles have hardly been world beaters this season. The total f**king opposite. Soft mostly. And that is one thing Hetherington is not.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
But he can play a role if coached to do so and our pack and middles have hardly been world beaters this season. The total f**king opposite. Soft mostly. And that is one thing Hetherington is not.
at this stage I'd be content with just sending teams home bruised and battered and not looking forward to the next game against the Knights.

Jono078

Referee
I just wonder how we lure Hetherington if he comes with the impression of being a depth or bench player?

He certainly is security if Klem leaves or if one of them get injured. Because as has been stated, there’s no middle forward applying pressure from reserves.

Also no chance Farnworth comes here as a winger. He’d be no better than Tuala in that position. He’s become a really solid centre and that’s what he’ll play if he comes.