What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Jono078

Referee
.. and the fact he is a 6 and not a fullbacks arse.
Well, I do think his skills seem more suited to 6 now than ever.

I'll continue to think this until he returns every ball he catches in a game and also positions himself better to collect kicks.

Moving him to 6 will also get him out of the ruck which IMO has proven to be not very effective so far this year. I think he's a much better threat out wide or at least looping around, that's what'll keep the defences on edge.

Anyway he has his own thread for that. IF we don't sign any decent halves then yeah I think he can move to 6 as we have a few fullback options here that can maybe step up and do a couple of those things I mentioned above.

The way things are going I bet Luke Brooks does end up here in a similar way to how Pearce did. I'm not sure I like this idea as much as I did 6 months ago.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
The injury risk with Keary is massively over blown. Same issues surrounded Finucane and look how he is thriving at the Sharks. He is literally a difference maker there this year

Gone 9 rounds this year with not 1 HIA

Like ive said, his "issues" are over blown
and then this
its common sense to say that when someone suffers an injury they are more likely to reinjure again
oh ok :rolleyes:

and since the first 2 posts

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/53a058f9d17d17a221103fe4775654a0

Roosters halfback Luke Keary’s unfortunate latest concussion has placed doubt around his future

Dale Finucane has vowed to put his health ahead of football, with the Cronulla star’s NSW spot under a cloud following his fourth head knock in 10 months on Sunday

Low and behold what do ya know hey, theyre both been out yet again and futures in doubt- 1 more knock away from retirement - it's common sense not to recruit these types of players.

and then this

oh ok :rolleyes:

and since the first 2 posts

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...t/news-story/53a058f9d17d17a221103fe4775654a0

Roosters halfback Luke Keary’s unfortunate latest concussion has placed doubt around his future

Dale Finucane has vowed to put his health ahead of football, with the Cronulla star’s NSW spot under a cloud following his fourth head knock in 10 months on Sunday

Low and behold what do ya know hey, theyre both been out yet again and futures in doubt- 1 more knock away from retirement - it's common sense not to recruit these types of players.
Saying its over blown isnt the same as saying there is zero risk

Put the goal posts back mate, they seem to have been moved a bit

Loose Cannon

Bench
re Brooks;

It was comical how we were even interested six months ago, and then that the Tigers knocked that on the head. You’d swear the clown was Andrew Johns 2.0, when he has proven he is a distant last place in the Tigers’ Fantastic Four of years back.

And to think the penultimate spot goes to the spectacular legacy of Sharon Woods.

Would be just like us get in a bidding war with Uncle Wayne and his 12-player squad.

Old dog

Juniors
Ciraldo might come here but unlikely to indicate so until current coach is officially sacked or quits. So it’s all just speculation at this time, bit like worrying about Brooks

Jono078

Referee
Why aren't the Broncos offering more than 200k? That seems insanely low for a former origin winger who has found some solid form again...

I'd also consider him as an edge forward if we got him.

TooheysNew

Coach
8 years ago, not 10
Yep, that's why I said "Almost 8", not "8".

2018 - "As many as 25% of athletes suffer a repeated ACL tear and up to 55% of those who suffer an initial tear never return to their previous level of play "
I can't see any specifics on this one at all. Just says "athletes". They're probably in the sources she used, but unfortunately I don't have access to those.

2020 - Despite ongoing research and advancements in treatment regimens for ACL injuries over the past decades, the goal of restored knee function and preserved long-term knee-related health remains a challenge. Re-injury rates are high,

final assessment should be withheld until 2 years postoperatively since a substantial number of outcomes require that this time has been given for the ACL reconstruction to completely heal

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00167-020-06061-x
The first study your quote references references 17-19 year olds, and appears to confirm my original curiosity, at least in part:
"The high rate of subsequent ACL injury in younger patients was confirmed. Early graft ruptures were more prevalent in patients who underwent surgery when they were younger than 18 years versus those in the 18- to 19-year age group."
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27390346/

The second is a lit review, but it's closer to relevant, as it includes athletes between 19 and 25.
Combining these risk factors, athletes younger than 25 years who return to sport have a secondary ACL injury rate of 23%.

I also wonder how many of these studies are skewed by the actual sport being played. Artificial turf, I'm fairly certain, has a higher incidence of ACL injury than natural grass - for example.

As I said originally, I'm just curious of the rate on people actually in a similar boat to NRL players. There's not too many 17 year olds busting knees on fake grass in the NRL.

Thanks for going to the trouble of finding those sources though. It's an interesting discussion.

Burwood

Bench
Why aren't the Broncos offering more than 200k? That seems insanely low for a former origin winger who has found some solid form again...

I'd also consider him as an edge forward if we got him.

The fox sports article has him taking a $200,000 pay cut, not him earning that much. He’d be on $350,00 next year if staying at the broncos.

Latest posts