What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Old dog

Juniors
Forget the cost, make an offer, if we can afford it then it happens as long as our long term agenda is in place.
We have the side short two halves and two second rowers so prioritise and buy, get those four over the next two years and then it’s tweak, tweak to be a very strong side.

Knight Tales

Juniors
All three bring everything we are lacking. JWH would thrive on having the Newy crowd behind him. He is at the back end of his career but he would add starch and passion. Let us be real. Munster is not coming here. Even if we had the money.

PhilGould

Bench
Seems like Keary is 1 bad knock away from his career being over. Given our luck that knock would happen during his first day at pre-season training.

If you could get JWH relatively cheap for a couple of years I guess I would do that, can't stand him though.

Crichton would be my pick of the bunch and should already have been a target.

PhilGould

Bench
YOUNG GUN KNIGHT ON THE MOVE

Utility back Tex Hoy could be the next player to leave the under-performing Knights.

Hoy, who has been given a chance to show his wares in recent weeks and played fairly well, is being shopped around by his management.

The 22-year-old local junior, who can play both fullback and five-eighth, is looking for a regular top grade spot and has had expressions of interest from a couple of clubs.

Knight Tales

Juniors

Utility back Tex Hoy could be the next player to leave the under-performing Knights.

Hoy, who has been given a chance to show his wares in recent weeks and played fairly well, is being shopped around by his management.

The 22-year-old local junior, who can play both fullback and five-eighth, is looking for a regular top grade spot and has had expressions of interest from a couple of clubs.

At a guess we are already negotiating with Milford for an extension. I would be fine with that.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Given the injury risks with Keary I’m not sure if he’d command top dollar anymore. Any club that signs him would want to be confident that he’ll last out his contract. From a playing perspective he’d be really handy to have given our dire halves situation though.

Chrichton would be an excellent get though. I rate him we one of the premier back rowers in the game. I wouldn’t mind if we put a big offer in for him if the roosters did decide to let him explore his options.

JWH I dunno. He’d be good for us from a cultural perspective but I’m not sure if Newy would get behind him. I remember him putting a cheap shot on KP a few years ago which lead to KP going off for an HIA then the Safs wanted a piece of him and JWH basically turned into a cat and didn’t want to run the ball after that.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The Tex Hoy thing. Meh. He’s shown some improvement this year so I’ll give him some credit but I’m not sure if he’ll ever be a regular starter in the NRL. He doesn’t have enough physicality in his game imo.

Yosh

Coach
Given the injury risks with Keary I’m not sure if he’d command top dollar anymore. Any club that signs him would want to be confident that he’ll last out his contract. From a playing perspective he’d be really handy to have given our dire halves situation though.

Chrichton would be an excellent get though. I rate him we one of the premier back rowers in the game. I wouldn’t mind if we put a big offer in for him if the roosters did decide to let him explore his options.

JWH I dunno. He’d be good for us from a cultural perspective but I’m not sure if Newy would get behind him. I remember him putting a cheap shot on KP a few years ago which lead to KP going off for an HIA then the Safs wanted a piece of him and JWH basically turned into a cat and didn’t want to run the ball after that.
If he comes here we should want him to play like that against others for us. It's a plus.

Old dog

Juniors
Hoy has played ok, good back up but not 1st grade material but if we don’t keep him we better sign up someone for 5/8, possibly top notch or at least very good back up depending on Clifford

The injury risk with Keary is massively over blown. Same issues surrounded Finucane and look how he is thriving at the Sharks. He is literally a difference maker there this year

If the club doesnt have a crack at a premiership winning half from a club with very high standards then our management is simply not doing their job.

We already missed out on Reynolds and Townsend. We miss out again and the fanbase would rightly lynch Gardner

Knight Tales

Juniors
The injury risk with Keary is massively over blown. Same issues surrounded Finucane and look how he is thriving at the Sharks. He is literally a difference maker there this year

If the club doesnt have a crack at a premiership winning half from a club with very high standards then our management is simply not doing their job.

We already missed out on Reynolds and Townsend. We miss out again and the fanbase would rightly lynch Gardner
Ponga
Young
Pryce
Gagai
Best
Milford
Keary
Friz
KPP
Chrichton
Klem
Brailey
JWH
DSaf
JSaf
Croker
Thompson

We can dream right! Some of those existing players would need to be released cos i doubt you'd be able to fit that under the cap. especially with our current situation. We will pay overs to some extent.

Sir Galahad

Juniors

Young GUN ? ffs the media are all hyperbole. "Interest from a couple of clubs" my guess is Kurri Kurri or Valentine are looking to up-grade their waterboy.