What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Loose Cannon

Bench
He is too small to be a top flight winger in the NRL. We tend to put back rower sized players there… and those who aren’t often get monstered. Only a few exceptions who have really kicked on with it.

He has a pretty handy fullback in front of him here too.

puzzling signing.
Can someone tell AOB that he isn't Bellamy already
I’d give Bellamy West’s turnover to tell him.

Can't knock French for wanting to return to Australia after the rough 12 months he had with losing his mum & injury. He could have easily tried to get out of his deal a year ago but stuck with Wigan and it's paid off with an electric season. There's very few players who've scored 7 tries in a game at the top level. The combination with Jai Field has been absolutely devastating, with French at 2 or 1 with Field at 1 or 6. He's definitely a more confident player now than when he first came over to Wigan, and there's no reason really that he couldn't succeed in the NRL now.
Thing is, ESL is nowhere near "the top level"

PhilGould

Bench
Too early to give up Bradman just for the sake of it IMO. Maybe for the right player in return. Would be happy for Wayne to take Gagai off our hands. Top priority in the outside backs should still be getting Dom signed up long-term before November 1.

It seems like the team could look very different round 1 next year, which is exciting in a way but pretty scary as well when you look at the players currently available. Contracted players unexpectedly become available pretty often though, especially in the off-season, and we should be in a strong position if/when that happens.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Bradman being pushed out would be a very bad start from Parr. I doubt they will even entertain it. There are options for him. I still think he can be a gun second rower.

Loose Cannon

Bench
I can see Gags leaving but I hope we keep Bradman. He can still be a weapon with the right coaching and a game plan that actually involves passing him the ball.
Our current coaching has implemented a game plan which involves mediocre back rowers taking the ball from inside right-to-left every time.

Maybe you’re on to something which has escaped them, but not us.

It’s comical.

Woosh

Head Moderator
David Riccio is just repeating what he said on NRL 360.
Paul Crawley is Bennett’s mouthpiece so there might be something to it.
One thing Bennett won’t be doing next year is playing Milford and Gagai on the right when they both play their best footy on the left.

Will have to check with my sauces and report back.
As for Bradman, he’s been on the nose for awhile now due his to dedication to rehab/training.

Woosh

Head Moderator
Shit. Gagai on the left wing is better than Gagai at right centre.
if only more people knew!
Left centre. Shame AOB doesn’t know. Same with Milford, he has always be a left sided player.
Yet the mastermind in AOB persists with playing them both on the right.
You know the saying insanity is doing the same thing etc etc expecting the same results etc etc

Knight Tales

Juniors
I think Zammit and Parr will get us there. It is just a case if O’Brien can prove his coaching has more to it with a new start. It would be very refreshing if Obi gets the side he wants and we start to compete again. Open acknowledgement that our players are lazy and pampered and just wait for the coach to fail. Onto the next one.

Last edited:

PhilGould

Bench

Toohey seems to indicate that Kai Pearce-Paul will be here next year but Will Pryce still looking like 2024 at this stage.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Honestly I think the off-season cannot come soon enough. The players and coaches all need a break from the toxic environment and from each other for a bit, not to mention we need the media spotlight to shift elsewhere for a while. AOB needs to seriously assess how he approaches the next pre-season or it could be his last as a head coach. We also need to be on the phone to player managers wheeling and dealing to get some movement on the roster.

Left centre. Shame AOB doesn’t know. Same with Milford, he has always be a left sided player.
Yet the mastermind in AOB persists with playing them both on the right.
You know the saying insanity is doing the same thing etc etc expecting the same results etc etc
So the reason Gagai can't defend for us is because he plays on the wrong side of the field?

Please

Latest posts