What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Just listened, Brent Read literally says he's not reporting anything, just speculating. Says there was mail that a few clubs were sniffing around Tyson Frizell and that with the Brooks-Knights link and the Tigers needing a back-rower it "makes sense."
Who are these other clubs? If they've got a good halfback I'd entertain the same swap idea.

Not Luke f***ng Brooks though...

PhilGould

Bench
Well according to Toohey he has already taken up his player option for next year, so good chance the interest was from before he did that.

PhilGould

Bench
Doueihi and Hastings are both easy upgrades on what we have currently without the perennial loser stink of Brooks. Wouldn’t complain about either.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Hastings and this club would be a good fit. If we want a culture where players are honest and accountable he is a great start. As a half or a lock?

PhilGould

Bench

FLYER LINKED TO KNIGHTS MOVE​

There's been plenty of talk linking former Eels tryscoring sensation Bevan French to Newcastle next season, but Wigan won't let the speedy utility go without a fight.

French wants to return to Australia after four years in England where he has proved himself a fan favourite.

Last month, he set a new Super League record by scoring seven tries during a 60-0 win over Hull FC.

Wigan will throw more money at French than the Knights are prepared to pay, leaving him with the old dilemma - money or happiness.

Knight Tales

Juniors
Whatever we do when it comes to recruitment I hope we don’t think about anyone or anything other than our outright needs. The word ‘arrogance’
Gets thrown up a lot around successful sides. It is time we found ours. I want clubs being dirty on us for stealing their top players. We don’t get into the dirty work nearly enough.

PhilGould

Bench
Poached him from Manly midway through last season where he was a highly rated five-eighth/fullback in SG Ball. Been played at centre since joining and I’m yet to see anything amazing from him, but has really good footwork, seems to read the game well and physically has held his own as a 19 year old playing men in NSW Cup.

Jono078

Referee
Yeah I personally haven’t seen anything that wowed me but I also think I’m the worst judge of juniors. I thought Cobbo looked average early on…

Old dog

Juniors
Mapapalangi is a classic case of failure to develop after showing signs of making good recruitment decision.
Played 5/8 and f/b for Manly and we have him and as far as I am aware we haven’t played him in either position, usually Centre/Wing, this despite our obvious weakness in his two preferred spots