What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Alex28

Coach
I read somewhere the Storm are chasing Jock Madden. If they see something, maybe we should at least try to get him?
When you have the likes of Paps, Munster, Grant and Hughes in the team, you can carry a Cooper John’s or Jock Madden.

We can’t. We need better players than that. We aren’t a team filling gaps around 4 superstars.

Bdubs

Juniors
looks like Parr is starting to set the standards we require at the club.

No more of the bad old days with the players poor attitude etc and getting away with it, by the sounds of it. May even make O'Brien accountable as well

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The good thing is that this is fairly quick to turn around, once players start missing matches for loose standards then they'll work out pretty quickly that they have to step up to the standards being set.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think the club needs to go looking for a couple of veterans who can come in and help drive standards here. Someone who can come in and fill that Guerra/Heighington type role. Guys who probably offer more to the club off the field but can still play a bit-part role on the field.

A name that springs to mind (who is off contract) is Wade Graham. He's had some injuries and is at the back end of his career now but getting him for a couple of years without paying overs would be a good move imo. He would certainly warrant a spot in the 17 over someone like Fitzgibbon. He's played in successful teams, has won a comp and has played plenty of rep football too. There'd have to be a few guys like that in the comp that we can snag without paying too much. Not only does it push a few fringe first graders out of the 17 but it would improve the overall standards at the club both on and off the field.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
The more i listen to Gordon Tallis and James Graham, the more we need people like this at the club.
Part of me wishes we got James Graham a few years ago when he was leaving the Bulldogs. He was definitely on the down hill slope from a playing perspective but no-one can deny he's an amazing attitude player to have at a club. The bloke hates losing, literally hates it, and if you're in his team and not putting in then there'd be hell to pay.

I think the club needs to go looking for a couple of veterans who can come in and help drive standards here. Someone who can come in and fill that Guerra/Heighington type role. Guys who probably offer more to the club off the field but can still play a bit-part role on the field.

A name that springs to mind (who is off contract) is Wade Graham. He's had some injuries and is at the back end of his career now but getting him for a couple of years without paying overs would be a good move imo. He would certainly warrant a spot in the 17 over someone like Fitzgibbon. He's played in successful teams, has won a comp and has played plenty of rep football too. There'd have to be a few guys like that in the comp that we can snag without paying too much. Not only does it push a few fringe first graders out of the 17 but it would improve the overall standards at the club both on and off the field.
Agree, exactly the type of bloke we need

Angus Crighton would also fit the mold although would cost more

Alex28

Coach
If turning up late and incorrect clothing then someone prior to Parr should have been dealing with it, Coach etc.
This is an indication why we haven’t being going well, lack of care, pride and enthusiasm for the Team and Club
Parr is there to set the standards under his watch. We don’t know who initiated the dropping - I would hope it’s AOB after Parr laid down the law.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Agree, exactly the type of bloke we need

Angus Crighton would also fit the mold although would cost more
Yeah definitely, we'd be paying substantially more for Crighton of course but we would at least be getting an elite back rower still in his prime. Ideally he'd be a target and I hope the club is going for him, but failing that a couple of veterans in the Wade Graham mold would be good for club culture.

Bdubs

Juniors
Yeah definitely, we'd be paying substantially more for Crighton of course but we would at least be getting an elite back rower still in his prime. Ideally he'd be a target and I hope the club is going for him, but failing that a couple of veterans in the Wade Graham mold would be good for club culture.
I could be wrong but i thought i heard Crichton had officially resigned with the Roosters last week

Knight Tales

Juniors
If O'Brien has been undermined by his players and they simply are taking the piss then Parr has a hell of a job on his hands.

Latest posts