What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Frederick

Staff member
Can we rebuild elsewhere so I don't renew and attend most of our home games again this season? Wish I could apply for a leave of absence without losing my seat because that's what I mostly care about. I feel like next year is going to be absolutely dire.
Yeah this. Only reason I'm renewing is so I don't lose my seats

Knight Tales

Juniors
McDermott has an above average chance of being head coach before the end of next season. So whatever recruitment choices we make the call on the coach is the most important. McDermott never had issues making big calls. He is also not an excuse maker.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
We've been rebuilding since about 2005...
Yes. But there's been some promise in between with 2009, 2013, 2020. It's just that when we need to go that extra level we seem to go back multiple levels then find ourselves in a predicament where we need to hit reset again.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Given our squad is about the same strength that it was in 2022 I’m not holding out much hope that we’ll achieve anything other than embarrassment. Probably the only silver lining is the coach and his staff will hopefully have learned some lessons from this year and will be better off for it. For AOB to keep his job beyond the first couple of months of 2023 he will need to seriously change his coaching style and structure and I think he knows it.

Well, there goes that idea it seems..

"Manly have landed a significant signing coup before the November 1 open market begins by locking in point scoring wizard Reuben Garrick to a long-term deal.
The Sunday Telegraph has learnt that Garrick has agreed to stay at Manly for the next five seasons with the 25-year-old committing to a four-year extension."

Knight Tales

Juniors
I’d say the club has decided to focus on offering Dom a big deal. I don’t think the club anticipated his development to be as fast as it has been. We need money for him and I feel the club is acutely aware of the backlash that will follow if he is allowed to leave.

macavity

Referee
I’d say the club has decided to focus on offering Dom a big deal. I don’t think the club anticipated his development to be as fast as it has been. We need money for him and I feel the club is acutely aware of the backlash that will follow if he is allowed to leave.

Probably... but we aren't taking leaps up the ladder with him and the current bunch of nuffs.

Haffa

Can we rebuild elsewhere so I don't renew and attend most of our home games again this season? Wish I could apply for a leave of absence without losing my seat because that's what I mostly care about. I feel like next year is going to be absolutely dire.
The way we are trending those seats will still be there along with a lot more empty ones to pick from.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
They are being let go by the Tigers and noone else wants them. Where else they going to get paid anything?
Are they though? Where have you read that? There’s a bunch of rumours flying around at this time of year as usual but nothing concrete at all.
If they were both to hit the open market right now then neither of them would have any trouble finding an NRL club that wants them, and probably a fair few clubs with better prospects than us too.

Latest posts