What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woody90

Juniors
I'm not so sure the season is done if KP can come back and take us on another tear. Need at least one more game without him, maybe two.

The reason I’m not very confident is because our attack was terrible before he even got injured.

We absolutely have to beat Parra to be any chance but I think that will be extremely difficult with our inexperience with Pryce and Sharpe, especially if Moses plays and will probably bring in momentum from SOO.

FTR im extremely happy Coggers not in the side, but I think we’ll still struggle. He’s been a big problem but not the only one IMO.

Who are these quality spine players the Knights are going to sign exactly?
I'm sure those words were uttered in the halls of the 5th place Dolphins not all that long ago.

It's certainly a job for the new recruitment guru, I see a few clubs looking at rugby, SL , anybody, (a drovers dog) other than the fringe first graders we presently have would be a step in the right direction.

Apey

Staff member
Gamble's not going to win us a comp, unless maybe he was paired with a superstar 7, but he's very important to where we are currently at as the last couple of months have shown.

Woody90

Juniors
Gamble's not going to win us a comp, unless maybe he was paired with a superstar 7, but he's very important to where we are currently at as the last couple of months have shown.

Yep 100%. In a perfect world where there were a vast selection of quality halves available that would come here I wouldn’t have him as a first choice half, but with where we’re realistically at currently I’d much prefer to have him than not, so I’m stoked we’ve re-signed him.

Woody90

Juniors
I like Gamble, brings a lot of attitude and gives 100% - but I hope he's signed as depth on a pie and a coke.

The side desperately needs some quality in the spine.

Realistically we’re not going to see any big signings there at the moment. One because there’s nobody available (we’re not the only side desperate for some spine talent) and two because we have no room to move in the cap. Even if we manage to offload some of the cap eating forwards which seems to be the plan, I say we will bare at least part of their contracts for a couple of seasons.

Half and hooker depth is at an all time low right now across the game. I'd honestly be looking at having a Crossland /Gamble hooker rotation if Pryce shows something in 1st grade.

If it does eventuate that Pryce steps up then we absolutely need to keep Hastings next to him. We cannot go forward with 2 inexperienced halves.

PhilGould

Bench

Knight Tales

Bench
Development deal until the end of 2025 for Myers at the Bunnies.

Also not worth posting the whole article because it's about the Dolphins but Courier Mail says O'Sullivan's deal at the Knights is for 5 years.
5 years! Would like to know what sold him about this place. Money is obvious. But he could command that anywhere.

perverse

Referee
The reason I’m not very confident is because our attack was terrible before he even got injured.

We absolutely have to beat Parra to be any chance but I think that will be extremely difficult with our inexperience with Pryce and Sharpe, especially if Moses plays and will probably bring in momentum from SOO.

FTR im extremely happy Coggers not in the side, but I think we’ll still struggle. He’s been a big problem but not the only one IMO.
Oh I wouldn't say I'm confident, I'm just not slamming the door shut on the idea yet either. Agree, this week is a must win. Moses could be red hot, or he could be a bit flat. We probably need to jag another one without KP too so that the task isn't insurmountable if we do go on another tear.

And I think I'm a little bit warmer than others above on Gamble. I reckon he's a premiership winner if you have class in the rest of the spine. He can be your "bargain" spine player in an otherwise well balanced squad. Whether he could be that for us I couldn't say, but the bloke just has that dawg in him. Competitor.

Regardless of any of that, Gamble's important to us in the short-mid term, so I'm glad he's staying. He's very easy to support. The kind of player you love on your team, and love to hate on the opposition.

Yosh

Coach
After last night's big win, has people's thoughts on Madge changed? When he was available I remember a lot of people saying on here that he was too old school and probably over the hill. Reckon we missed out?

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
After last night's big win, has people's thoughts on Madge changed? When he was available I remember a lot of people saying on here that he was too old school and probably over the hill. Reckon we missed out?
One Origin win doesn’t change anything for me at this stage. Coaching Origin is a lot different to coaching an NRL side week-in, week-out. Origin probably suits a coach like Madge who by all accounts is hyper intense. But if you’ve only got that one gear as a coach then it can be a drain on the players when it’s week to week footy, especially in a side that’s not getting regular wins.

Flannagan was always my pick, but as I've mentioned before I think Jesus could coach us and nothing would change until our ability to identify and develop talent, and our ability to recruit changes. We just dont have the cattle to win.