What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

You said which top 4 team could he be in. Don't move the posts. That type of analsyis is useless for the reasons I gave.

As for in his position, I think he is value. He is on pretty low money for a veteran and is middle of the pack at worst.
Top 4 is always the aim. He's in an increasingly important position.

By your judgment he is value so will definitely be re-signed . Let's see shall we.

Burwood

Bench
There’s only three ways you can have value players like Lucas at your club:
1) a player has a breakout season
2) you are such a successful club that players will take unders to play there
3) brown paper bags

Lucas fits into category 1. As options 2 and 3 don’t really fit our club, the second his manager works out he’s not earning his true value, the club will need to renew his contract, or he’ll be agitating behind the scenes for an early release.

I also don’t see us as needing to invest more in our spine. Ponga, Hastings and Brailey are all on huge money- it’s just a case that two of those guys are terrible value.

Rod

Bench
I think what some people also forget is that with the salary cap going up, 450-500k really isn't that much. If every guy in the top 30 made the same they would get 375k. So Elliott getting 100k on top of an average top 30 salary is perfectly normal.

We have much bigger cap issues than him, especially when he turns up every week, doesn't really get injured (touchwood) and has a go at the very least.

Nuke

Staff member
Is it just me and my 11pm eyes / judgement, but does the right leg of Ponga in that photo look all distorted? Just below the shorts of that grounded leg, that leg seems to zig zag and go in weird angles.

Years ago while I was a sports trainer of my club, a player broke his forearm in two places and made a horrible 'S' shape. The leg in this photo of KP kinda reminds me of that.

Apologies for the off-topic post!

Knight Tales

Bench
how the hell are we having salary cap issues when 70% of our players are average or below
Pretty much our story since day one mate. The constant fear this club lives with regarding losing players that basically only play well when their contract is up for renewal, has never been addressed properly.

Last edited:

ryan.a87

Juniors
Random people on twitter saying Hynes is unhappy at sharks facilities and toxic fans

Would sign him in a heart beat if they get rid of the players mentioned during the week

Woody90

Juniors
Random people on twitter saying Hynes is unhappy at sharks facilities and toxic fans

Would sign him in a heart beat if they get rid of the players mentioned during the week

Would obviously 100% take him over our current halves. Hynes is a funny one though. When his side is going well he’s one of the most talented halves in the comp, but his tendency to crack under pressure is Mullo-esque.

Still though of course I’d take him (not that it would ever happen).

Woody90

Juniors
Is it just me and my 11pm eyes / judgement, but does the right leg of Ponga in that photo look all distorted? Just below the shorts of that grounded leg, that leg seems to zig zag and go in weird angles.

Years ago while I was a sports trainer of my club, a player broke his forearm in two places and made a horrible 'S' shape. The leg in this photo of KP kinda reminds me of that.

Apologies for the off-topic post!

Saw this too. Looks really weird haha

No one said anyone was ok with it. It is the fact you cannot just recruit a roster where everyone is top quality across the park. It is fantasy BS. I’d like to know how you actually think this is feasible option for this club. Please explain how we do it.
Gus Gould is doing it with the Dogs in quick time. It's not fantasy, it's basic business sense.

As an example in basic terms - If a player is on the average salary for their relative position in the roster, they need to be AT LEAST providing the club with consistent stats that place them in the average for that position - above those stats and the club is winning - below those stats and you lose.

The more players performing above their pay grade the more successful the club

Unless of course your the Roosters and the cap does not apply.

macavity

Referee
Gus Gould is doing it with the Dogs in quick time. It's not fantasy, it's basic business sense.

As an example in basic terms - If a player is on the average salary for their relative position in the roster, they need to be AT LEAST providing the club with consistent stats that place them in the average for that position - above those stats and the club is winning - below those stats and you lose.

The more players performing above their pay grade the more successful the club

Unless of course your the Roosters and the cap does not apply.

Like most stats, Baseball has exactly this. VORP (or WARP).