What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woody90

Juniors
Did we really need Hetherington when we had Croker, Jones, and others coming through

If we’re being honest they’re all very average (I like Crokes but mostly due to his love of the Knights, he hasn’t really pushed on ability wise).

If you listen to Phil Gould talk about Hetherington, he’s apparently a super athlete, so for that alone I was interested in his signing as he has some physicality which none of our middles outside of Thompson have. Too bad though he’s been just as stupid as he was at the Dogs and has had to be kept on a very short leash. Definitely not a risk that paid off.

Dont get me wrong, I definitely want a lot of juniors in the side, it’s just good business. Saying that though we’ve also gotten into a lot of trouble in the past by giving blokes contracts just because they’re locals and we don’t want to go back there.

Burwood

Bench
These players won’t be too difficult to offload, it’s just a matter of how much the club wants to chip in to get them out the door.
If they do choose to languish in reserves, they may be collecting a paycheck, but that will definitely stuff up the next contract that they sign when their time here ends.

Old dog

Bench
The younger players with several seasons beyond current contact yes but others without the ambition to further there playing career and revenue are kidding themselves.
Unfortunately let’s say DSaf, Brailey, Hetherington, Elliott are dropped to Cup doesn’t that curtail the likes of potential first graders getting the opportunity to put pressure on possible selection for 1sts, we are seeing Hastings now clogging up Cup and limiting the likes of Sutton impressing for 1sts

Yosh

Coach
Regardless of whether we can offload them or not, the intent is clear. Noone gets a free ride anymore. You're either earning your paycheck or you're out. Great for the club going forward. Either way most of the duds aren't going to be on the payroll from 2026 anyway. Love the proactive approach.

Elliot news wasn't true apparently and he deserves to stay if he is on less than 500k a year. I'm glad we chose Gamble Over Hastings as well. Feel bad for Brailey but we have helped him enough over the years. DSaf needs to go ASAP.

Latest posts