What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Apey

Staff member
Yeah no hope of Walker coming here, but I'd pay him 1M, most clubs would. Any higher would just depend on each clubs situation. You can carry a Cogger or a Gamble at 6 with a world class 7 and 1. Hooker would still be an issue most likely. Crossland is okay but his service is lacking.

Old dog

Bench
Even if we got a 7, unlikely as non available, we still need to sort out our spine. Our current best option for positions is obviously Ponga at 1: no doubt.
Our best 6 at this time is Gamble, doubt an off season would have Sharpe at 6 early on but maybe as season progresses. Our best 7 is new unnamed unheard of but until revealed then it’s Cogger and likely to be for the season 2025, just accept it. That leaves 9, assuming Brailey is gone then it’s Crosslands with likely pressure from Arthur with whoever misses is likely 14.
We need to accept what we have, embrace what they give and hope the team overall performs to get us a top 6 spot

Old dog

Bench
Hunt, no thanks, past his best, might that a big MIGHT be ok for a season but will likely want more if leaving Dragons, Cogger not great but likely better than Hunt in 2025 and we have him and are paying him

Woody90

Juniors
Even if we got a 7, unlikely as non available, we still need to sort out our spine. Our current best option for positions is obviously Ponga at 1: no doubt.
Our best 6 at this time is Gamble, doubt an off season would have Sharpe at 6 early on but maybe as season progresses. Our best 7 is new unnamed unheard of but until revealed then it’s Cogger and likely to be for the season 2025, just accept it. That leaves 9, assuming Brailey is gone then it’s Crosslands with likely pressure from Arthur with whoever misses is likely 14.
We need to accept what we have, embrace what they give and hope the team overall performs to get us a top 6 spot

I think everyone’s accepted the fact that next year we’ll have some kind of combination of Gamble/Cogger/Crossland/Arthur/maybe Pryce pending injuries in the 6, 7 and 9.

Of course people are going to speculate about who we should target though even if it’s wishful thinking - we’re clearing a lot of players and obviously the club aren’t happy with the current 7 and 9 options (I think we’re ok at 6).

Woody90

Juniors
Haven’t heard Pryce’s name mentioned for next year. Lost cause already?

I like Pryce but he hasn’t had many opportunities to show whether he’s improving or not. He has a much higher ceiling at 6 than Gamble or Cogger but I get the feeling he’s out of favour and we won’t look to re-sign him. I also don’t think he suits the type of football AOB wants them to play (although none of our halves have tbh).

Old dog

Bench
Talk of Sharpe maybe into spine, not 1 but 6 seems bit silly when our weakest spot is 7 and our second best is 6.
Surely if going to trial him in a position it would be more likely at 7, He is very quick and I always think of the 7 being fast and backing up half breaks through the middle, trailing the props looking for an offload.
I’m happy with him on wing but 2025 might bring options

mozza91

Coach
Pezet and Wishart would make a great halves pairing. Pity the Storm will keep both.

It is a joke how concentrated the halves talent is in this comp.
Surely one of them goes. Munster mightn’t be around for too long but Hughes has plenty of years left.

Burwood

Bench
AOB knew what type of player Pryce was before he signed him. Seems strange to spend so much effort and money to bring him out to Australia and then suddenly realise he doesn’t fit your style.

Apey

Staff member
Haven’t heard Pryce’s name mentioned for next year. Lost cause already?
I mostly didn't include him because of reasons said above, but maybe another off-season will get him right for first grade. He is supposedly on an above average wage and he can't crack first grade - like Hastings but not as egregious. Definitely haven't given up hope, but its also a reality he might not just cut it over here. How long can we pay 1M+ for a halves pairing that can't play above NSW Cup level. It's partly why I can't be bothered interacting with the Ponga contract talk any more. Is there any other team who has so much money tied up in such players? The only other club I can think of is Manly recently with Schuster.

It would be interesting to know what O'Sullivan thinks about Pryce. I think if next year he isn't a regular first grader, then he's gone, or at least he's taking a pay cut.