What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

HarVeeGee

Juniors
Would still take Carrigan and then try to figure out the half stuff later, he’s that good hahaha, but the point for me was just that it’d be hard to find a better use for that $500K than Elliott, unless a player within our system comes through to demand the spot. It’s by no means a cap crippling deal.

Judging players by fantasy points is such casual shit & it’s an incomplete discussion if you don’t include reported salaries.

Factoring in how much these guys are paid, age, etc:

I’d bite your hand off for Yeo or Carrigan.

I would swap him for Radley or McInnes.

I wouldn’t for Tohu, Murray or Cotter, but this is about the money they’re on in all three cases, not saying Elliott is better.

I don’t think Loiero would be any good outside Melbourne, I think Hopgood is a stat padder who plays soft, and Jake Turbo’s contract is as big of an albatross for Manly as Dan Saifiti’s was for us.

Ask Raiders fans who they think is better out of Smithies and Elliott and Plath I think is a pretty good bench forward, he shouldn’t be a starter.

So from my perspective, no, there’s no screaming hurry to chase anything better, and Elliott’s deal is pretty fair value. Hopefully Cody Hopwood comes along like many of us think he will and if he does, that’s when you move on from Elliott - when you have someone better ready to take over.
I dont look at fantasy points whatsoever, but I know quite a few on here do.

I'd take a younger player on 300 -350K that can meet or hopefully exceed that value on the field - save 200 - 150K and allocate that money towards improve the quality of the halves. It really is that simple.

Elliot offers nothing. He is IMO below average in his position.

It's a fantasy to have top 4 players in every position. There's a salary cap.

At least 7 of those 10 players would be on a lot more $$$ than Elliot.

I'd take him over Fat Trbo though in a heartbeat. Tohu Harris is 32 and missed the season through injury so hard to say there.
They'd just about all be on more money. The point was Elliot is below average- that list clearly illustrates that point*.

To the Cap there is crucial savings to be made in his position and moved towards improving the spine - we need 2 halves, and every possible saving needs to be looked at.

* Ruben Cotter until just recently was on 350K, not saying we can pluck the next Cotter out of nowhere, but it shows how astute recruitment and retention works.

The guy is obsessed with Adam Elliott and Phil Gardner like I’m talking stalker obsession.
I’m sure in his head if Gardner retires and Elliott leaves tomorrow we’ll win the premiership next year
shock horror - who would have thought a change of management and improving staff (cap management) would over time offer a mediocre company (at best) a greater chance of success.

Top of the class bud.

Latest posts