What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woody90

Juniors
What about last year when the broncs had the game won until the biggest choke in GF history?

If the had even AOB as coach instead of kevvie they would have won.

We’ll have to disagree in the sense that I never at all myself thought the Broncos had that game won when they were out in front. Sure if they were playing us I’d think they had it won but not against a Penrith team we’ve seen do it over and over again.

Saying that though it wasn’t even close this year which is my point that every year people say they’ve gotten worse and won’t win again and they do.

perverse

Referee
Penriths dynasty will come to an end soon enough. If you're one of the other 16 teams and your attitude isn't "why can't we be the ones to break it?", then what is your purpose in this competition?

Woody90

Juniors
Penriths dynasty will come to an end soon enough. If you're one of the other 16 teams and your attitude isn't "why can't we be the ones to break it?", then what is your purpose in this competition?

This is just my opinion obviously and I obviously hope it’s not what happens (that they just keep winning for another 3-4 years).

The club obviously don’t see it the way I do if Ponga thinks us winning a comp is a realistic enough prospect that he wants to bypass rep jerseys (which is a good thing).

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Put it this way. I can see Penrith winning another 3-4 over the next 8-10 years. Provided Cleary doesn’t retire due to injury. But I can’t see them winning another 3-4 on the trot.

It’s going to get harder every year for them to win another comp consecutively. Every other team is out to prove themselves against them and they’ll keep losing 3-4 players every year. Yes they’re well placed to cover those losses given how strong their lower grades are but they’ll be brought back to the pack a little bit.

Whilst Melbourne will start as comp favourites next year, and the bookies will probably have Penrith up there too. I think Souths, Broncos, Cowboys and possibly Sharks & Manly could give things a shake.

It’ll be an interesting year in 2025 for sure.

Apey

Staff member
This is a bit different, they're losing their second most important forward and one of their halves.

Before now it's been a couple of centres, edge forward and bench forward.
Imo these two are in their top 3 losses, the other being Crichton.

They also don't have a home ground next year.

They're a Cleary injury away from being out of the top 4. They've got a decent replacement at 6 but he's not going to stand up like Luai did if given the keys.

Also I'm not sure how anyone can say the GF this year wasn't even close, yes Storm got dominated, but it was 10 - 6 after 60 minutes and Storm were a bees dick away from at least levelling it at 10 all with the Howarth no try in the 50th minute. Poor guy kinda f**ked it but he's only 21.

All that being said, there's a lot more than just Penrith standing in the way of us or Ponga winning a Premiership.

Latest posts