What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Maybe but Im not sure how that relates to his performances preceding that. At stages, he simply looks like he is not having a go compared to his team mates

Yosh

Coach
I'm not worried about a few weeks of good form or bad form. He is capable of great things, we all know that, even though I think he's overrated regardless. I'm just pretty convinced he's not about the team having watched him for the last year and a half, and it's deflating to watch that in a team I'm passionate about.

Give me Robbie O or Gids over Boyd any day.

David Seage or Milton Thaiday?

Apey

Staff member
His "attempt" on Slater was pretty funny for the try that won them the game. Probably not the best example considering barely anyone would have stopped Slater there anyway.

Noname36

First Grade
According to yesterday's tele we've offered Adam Quinlan a 2 year contract.

Granted I've only seen him play one game but he did seem to have an error in him.

Noname36

First Grade
I have never heard of them. Can you shed some light?

Plays for Saints. Can apparently play anywhere in the backs plus hooker. Played fullback for a game or two in first grade before they signed Dugan. Didn't have the best game from what I remember. Quite a small bloke. That's all I know sorry.

Yosh

Coach
Plays for Saints. Can apparently play anywhere in the backs plus hooker. Played fullback for a game or two in first grade before they signed Dugan. Didn't have the best game from what I remember. Quite a small bloke. That's all I know sorry.

Ah thank you. Can't see the logic behind the signing to be honest..

Nuffy

Bench
Seriously, does Bennett have any true strategy.

We have signed a small outside back, charitably it might be called a depth signing.

We need a hooker, halfback and at least one quality back rower.

Right now the roster we have is the one we are taking through to 2014, albeit collectively a year older.

Benny, what is the grand plan, because there doesn't seem to be one right now.

Noname36

First Grade

We have signed a small outside back, charitably it might be called a depth signing.

Right now the roster we have is the one we are taking through to 2014, albeit collectively a year older.

To be honest I don't think offering this kid a contract is a big deal either way. I'd say the logic is that we need a cover for the backs now that Kev is gone and this kid can play a few positions. He'd be on very little money and will have absolutely no impact on who else we sign/don't sign.

Last edited:
Mullen will be the most sort after player on the market next year IMO as all other top line halves are sewn up. Bennett will be very aware he has coached Mullen into a high salary bracket now. We need to understand Mullo is ready to play his best footy over the next five years and is fast getting the respect of the right people. If we get him for under 600 k a season we will have down well.

Big Tim

First Grade
The way I see it Mullo can have whatever he wants.

Nailed it.

He came from the era where spots for locals were "guaranteed" by locals.

He fought through all of that change, all of that crap with Origin and his own form.

He is playing like the elite player we know he can be.

Pay'da Man.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
A mate of mine saw a heap of the knights players at a pub on the weekend. He said Clint Newton was there also. My friend talked to the players including Newton and he asked him if he was going to sign with the knights for next year. Newton didn't say yes or no, but he didn't rule it out.

Misanthrope

Staff member
We don't need another so-so backrower! If the club signs another one - Newton especially - I'll begin to question not only Bennett's quality, but also his sanity.

Pomoz

Bench

You are not serious right? You are challenging the nous of arguably the greatest coach that league has seen. A winner of multiple premierships, coach of Australia and Queensland. He has forgotten more about league than any of us on here know. You are so lucky to have him as your coach.

Pomoz

Bench
Nobody's perfect. Even the best can make mistakes.
Agreed. But saying that Bennett has no plan is more than a mistake. I mean, come on, he makes mistakes but he is nobody's fool. He will have a plan that stretches over the next five years and will be working in the background to make it happen. I am really interested in what he does to the club, because a strong Knights franchise is great for the league.

aqua_duck

Coach
Tim Sheens, Chris Anderson and John Lang were all good coaches once upon a time too but age caught up to them. Rugby League is always evolving and new coaches are bringing in new innovations, Bennett is still trying to use the same formula as he did 5 years ago with a team that has proven to be unable to play that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts