What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured targets thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot On

Coach
I would gladly have Ferguson in the centres, Gagai at fullback, and never have to look at Boyd again in Knights colours.

This. Boyd has the ability to be great but rarely does he play like it. He needs a rocket but obviously will not receive one.

Yosh

Coach
You're gonna put one of our highest paid players in NSW cup? And they call me crazy. I'd love to have Fergie on board but just isn't really feasible.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I think JM was suggesting we find him a new home at another club. After all, our NSWCup side does still wear Knights colours ;-)

Nuffy

Bench
Raiders have said there is no chance they will release him until there is some sort of resolution.

I think they have learnt their lesson from Carney and Dugan.

Yosh

Coach
Lol!

In all honesty, Boyd is too frustrating to watch. When he wants to he is a world beater but it looks like most games he doesn't give a flying f*ck... That's something I cannot hack...

perverse

Referee
Yeah, Boyd's attitude is really starting to wear thin with me, too. Tonnes of class and ability, pea sized heart.

cram

Bench
Yep, have to agree that Boyd seems to have little interest in the coulours. Even mercenaries usually show some passion.

perverse

Referee
Stuff interest in the colours, I'd be happy with some simple personal pride in his own performances. Not seeing it. He had 1 really good, hard kick return against the Storm and I truly wondered where the f**k that is every other run? Fire up, have a crack ffs.

cram

Bench
That's my point I guess, a mercenary has some pride in what he does. They may not espouse the coulours but they love what they do. Not sure we get that with Boyd...lol

Burwood

Bench
Boyd's attack feeds too much off the team's performance. He looks good when everyone else in the team does their job, but he doesn't have what it takes to lift others around him. Most of what he does in attack relies on a quick play the ball and then the hooker and halves getting good ball out to him so he can do what he does best. If everyone doesn't do their job well he is often easily shut down by the defence.

He is hard to fault in defence where he is pretty much always rock solid.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Boyd's attack feeds too much off the team's performance. He looks good when everyone else in the team does their job, but he doesn't have what it takes to lift others around him. Most of what he does in attack relies on a quick play the ball and then the hooker and halves getting good ball out to him so he can do what he does best. If everyone doesn't do their job well he is often easily shut down by the defence.

He is hard to fault in defence where he is pretty much always rock solid.

Cant agree with that mate. There have been times where he has looked disinterested there too. I think it was against Canberra or NZ when he had the opportunity to put a decent shot on someone close to the line but instead just let them waltz in.

Shift Kev to fullback and offer Boyd to the Titans in exchange for Bird. Of course Wayne won't have any of that. I think Boyd will have the same attitude wherever he goes. Birdy should finish his career here at home.

Rod

Bench
Can't help but see some irony in all this Boyd-bashing coming just one week after he played a game for us because he didn't want to let the team down, when he really should have had 2-3 weeks off :?.

It was probably warranted a few weeks ago but I'm honestly surprised this talk has re-surfaced again, I don't know where it's come from. Like our whole team his form has been up and down this year, but he's our second player in the Dally M listings after Mullo, not bad for someone who supposedly isn't putting in.......

Joker's Wild

Coach
Can't help but see some irony in all this Boyd-bashing coming just one week after he played a game for us because he didn't want to let the team down, when he really should have had 2-3 weeks off :?.

It was probably warranted a few weeks ago but I'm honestly surprised this talk has re-surfaced again, I don't know where it's come from. Like our whole team his form has been up and down this year, but he's our second player in the Dally M listings after Mullo, not bad for someone who supposedly isn't putting in.......

For what? The leg injury that didnt keep him out of Origin?

Jono078

Referee
How do players get away with that? It's been bothering me lately.

You either hear one of the two following statements in regards to a high profile player being injured and a chance of playing;

a) He decided to play because he didn't want to let the team down
b) He decided to sit out because he didn't want to let the team down

Can't have it both ways!

Johns Magic

Referee

I'm not worried about a few weeks of good form or bad form. He is capable of great things, we all know that, even though I think he's overrated regardless. I'm just pretty convinced he's not about the team having watched him for the last year and a half, and it's deflating to watch that in a team I'm passionate about.

Give me Robbie O or Gids over Boyd any day.

Rod

Bench
For what? The leg injury that didnt keep him out of Origin?

Yes. I'm just going on what the club said about it. It was probably touch and go for Origin and then playing on it made it worse, I don't know. The point is I'm sure he could have easily weaselled out of playing for us 3 days after Origin if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.