What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff XXX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noise

Coach
Our forwards seem to be doing well holding their own. Which forwards are off contract that we might lose if Hayne came? Wicks and....???

Our forwards seem to be doing well holding their own. Which forwards are off contract that we might lose if Hayne came? Wicks and....???

Ma'u is the risk, given he is managed by the bloke who is super pissed off with us. He's under contract for next year I believe.

woddy

Juniors
On 5 June 2014, Ma'u extended his contract with the Eels for a further three years to the end of the 2017 season.

Maybe Shuey has given the EELS a green light for a broncos style management to sign all the "stars" on reduced contracts and let the sponsors trough, feed them on the way....:sarcasm:

jk13

First Grade
Hopefully we can cheat the proper way like all the other successful teams next year....
had to laugh when it was mentioned that parkers new 2yr deal was just awaiting tpa finalisation

jk13

First Grade
What would u or nrl value Parker at? Despite being old he still easily makes qld and Aus, is a decent goal kicker, has a good history with injuries and is a leader. Without applying the Lockyer precedent of reduced value in the later years, he should be around 800k?

Incorrect

Coach
What would u or nrl value Parker at? Despite being old he still easily makes qld and Aus, is a decent goal kicker, has a good history with injuries and is a leader. Without applying the Lockyer precedent of reduced value in the later years, he should be around 800k?

$800K?!

He's no Watmough you know!

In all seriousness, if I was a coach and in the market for a experienced middle forward with a winning no-nonsense attitude like Parker, I think 600K would be the max. I'd be dangling a post playing career coaching position too as I think he'll end up in that capacity anyway...

Gronk

Staff member
Hopefully we can cheat the proper way like all the other successful teams next year....
had to laugh when it was mentioned that parkers new 2yr deal was just awaiting tpa finalisation

LOL OMG what have you done !

Chris GarryVerified account ‏@Tiger_CMail 1m1 minute ago
CONFIRMED: Corey Parker will retire at the end of this season.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Isn't Parker on fox? Isn't fox owned by news limited ? Isn't the Broncos majority owner a company owned by news limited ?

No wonder Broncos get more TPA's then other clubs

Gronk

Staff member
Isn't Parker on fox? Isn't fox owned by news limited ? Isn't the Broncos majority owner a company owned by news limited ?

No wonder Broncos get more TPA's then other clubs

Zac BaileyVerified account ‏@ZacBaileyFOX 8m8 minutes ago
A bit shocked by Corey Parker's decision to retire but why not go out on top???
The Broncos skipper will join the @FOXNRL team in 2017

Chipmunk

Coach

I think that's probably about where he's value was at, but I doubt he's under the salary cap for much more than $300-400k.

Which brings me to a new point of a "market value" salary cap system.

With this "market value system", every single player should have to field offers through a centralised offers system, operated by the NRL. Then whatever the players market value is, that's what his value under the cap is, irrespective of which club he chooses to play for.

So for instance, James Roberts contract is null and void at the Titans and he receives the following offers:

Broncos offer is $250k under the salary cap and $250k through TPAs
Titans offer him $400k under the salary cap and $50k through TPA's
Parra offer him $350k under the salary cap and $100k through TPAs.

James Roberts market value under the salary cap is the highest offer under the salary cap, irrespective of where he ends up.

So, if James Roberts chooses to go to the Broncos, because they're offering the highest overall money, but the least under the salary cap, then he still costs the Broncos $400k under the salary cap. TPA's then become fairly irrelevant for salary cap purposes.

The only issue is if there becomes 'frivolous' offers to over inflate a players value, but if it is centralised by the NRL, then they already know a clubs salary cap position and could question the offer if it seems frivolous.

jk13

First Grade
What also intrigues me is how the nrl works out a players range value under the cap. Surely schuey knows the intricate math equation that makes this system fair across the board

hindy111

Post Whore
And for Eels fans it's forever about the f**king backline. These days you only need a couple of star backs. It's really all about the forwards.

Agree to a degree.

But some teams have won it with a few average pigs in the middle-Storm is an example.
I think you can find good value from forwards without paying overs with smart buys.

Examples are guys like Gower - KE- Manu - Wicks. I reckon Mannah would cost double wicks but the output is not much different.

Compare what you would get out of Greg Bird to a KE. You want good forwards but paying the 600k plus is steep for any forward. You should find some decent buys around the 250-300k mark.

jk13

First Grade
To me Thaiday should be at least 600k under cap if I was nrl. Boyd would 750k, Gillette 700 and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts